Christmas Love

The alien father was helping his earthling wife to set the Christmas tree up in the living room. The kids were also helping too by putting up stockings near the fireplace and some Christmas decorations on the table sets. For nearly 10 years, Shadow loved this holiday; it made him smile in happiness by the sight of Christmas lights in the city and of course, the biggest Christmas tree in the middle of the city.

"Great job, kids. Santa will be very proud of you for helping us put up Christmas decoration in our house" Nebula chuckled happily.

"Thanks Mom" Raven said, placing some Christmas candles on the table.

"I can't wait to have delicious candy canes" Neptune said.

"Me too. They taste so minty and sweet" Raven squealed.

"Yeah. Even the Christmas songs make me smile a lot" Shadow smiled.

"Mom? Will our friends come at the large Christmas tree in town?" Raven asked.

Nebula smiles at Raven and placed her hand on her shoulder, "They will. And I'm pretty sure they are good kids this year" she said.

"Mom, what was your favorite thing you liked for Christmas when you were young?" Neptune asked.

"Well, when I was 8 years old I always enjoyed singing this song from the live-action movie How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Would you like to hear it?" Nebula said.

"Yes" Neptune said.

Nebula turns on her iPad and goes to Youtube to find the song. She found the song video 'Where are you Christmas?' by Faith Hill. Raven and Neptune sat down enjoying the song. Faith's singing voice was very beautiful, some footage from the movie was shown too.

Shadow was smiling wider at hearing this song. Nebula noticed this too and sits down with her alien husband.

"Enjoying this?" She asked him.

"Yup. I like it more when I see you and our kids" Shadow smiles at his earthling wife.

As soon as the song ended, the parents saw their kids fell asleep from hearing the song. But they also smiled in their sleep.

"That used to happen to me when I was a kid" Nebula chuckled.

"They're so adorable in their sleep" Shadow smiled and pets his son's quills.

"Yeah. Let's get them to bed. Tomorrow is gonna be a big day to do the biggest Christmas tree in the city" Nebula said and carries her daughter to her bedroom.

Shadow carried Neptune and goes to his room, where he tucks his son into the bed sheets and placed the Black Arm doll next to him, "Sleep well my son" Shadow said quietly and kissed his son on the forehead. Neptune nuzzled against his doll in his sleep smiling.

The alien father smiled and quietly closed the door without waking his son up. He then saw Nebula coming out of Raven's room and she walks up to her husband.

"Kids grow up so fast" she said.

"Hmmhmm. Well I suppose we get prepared for tomorrow too" Shadow said.

"I agree with you, hon. Let's go to bed too" Nebula agreed.

Shadow takes Nebula's hand and headed to their bedroom. Once they got into their bedclothes they got into their bed sheets and kissed each other good night.

-

The next morning, Neptune was the first to wake up and he sees snow falling from his window. He then looks at the calendar, the 24th of December.