^dating a trans guy...

ok the photo above is NOT mine, I keep seeing it and everytime I do, I tear up.

I knew that, as a trans guy, dating would be a little different than if you're just a guy... but God I never knew it was like this. I feel like it's in the perspective of someone that had expirence dating a trans guy, so it made me realize that it isn't only hard on the guy, but on the significant other.

when you are very self-conscious and dysphoric, they have to make you see how beautiful/handsome you are bc that's how they see you and they want you to see yourself that way and not as someone who's undeserving of love, bc you are.

when you're sitting up, crying at night, they want to be there and show you how loved you are and that you aren't alone in this and that they love you so much and you're amazing in their eyes no matter what.

and then there's the sex. depending on your sexuality, and your significant others sexuality, this part of the relationship can be hard... or easy. but it also depends on how comfortable you are with your body. if you can't look at yourself naked for at least and hour, or think about it without crumbling, you probably aren't ready for sex. don't force it on yourself and say that it might make you feel better, it more than likely will only make you feel worse. be comfortable with yourself so that you'll be comfortable when you're ready for someone else to see your body.

and remember, don't be ashamed of your body, even if it isn't your perferred one. the other day, I was talking to a friend, and I explained to her what body dysphoria is, and she said that sometimes she wanted my body and that my body is perfect, and I then told her that that didn't matter. i didn't care if my body was envious and she wanted it, bc it was a female's body. but after a good nights sleep, and a very long shower, I saw the things my friend had pointed out- my body isn't that bad. so for right now, with the situation I'm in, I've decided to treat my body with kindness and respect and love bc it doesn't deserve hate and ugliness towards it. even if I'm not 100% comfortable with it, it's my body and I own up to it. yeah, so what I'm a man with curves and some chub and a nice ass? some people like men with curves, and I like anyone who likes me, so we'll be happy together while you bitch about how great my life is while yours is trash.

respect your body and love it and treat it with the utmost respect and get comfortable with it bc it loves you, it tries to protect you, and if it makes you feel better, it's sorry it fucked up during creation. it wishes it could fix itself, almost like you wish you could fix yourself. you both have things to work on, so work with each other and take this journey step by step- fix you and your body, but take your time, and meanwhile, show it you love it, even if it isn't perfect.

I wanna say thank you to anyone who cares, lately i feel like no one really gives a shit, so those of you that really do care, thanks!

-Ian.x