Chapter 1 The Beginning

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
Erik got up and turned the alarm clock off.

"Ugh, another day of work", he said.

He went to the kitchen and made himself some breakfast. He sat down and drank his coffee. Then he picked up the newspaper, the date said Monday March 17th, 2039. He read a couple of the articles and got ready for work.

Erik parked his car at the new SSL (space, science, and life) headquarters in Huston, Texas. When he got in the elevator he saw that Teddy, the owner and founder of SSL, was also there.

"Good morning Erik", he said.

"Good morning", Erik replied. Just then the doors opened and they got out. The office was busy as usual, people were everywhere and the phones were ringing.

"Don't forget to type the report on mars for tomorrow", he said while walking to his office. Erik walked toward his desk and said hello to Ethan and Sean. He sat down and started typing. When he got to the forth page, Teddy told everyone to come to the conference room.

"Channel 3 just reported that and asteroid is headed toward Texas", he said, "I need some people to go and check it out."

"Henry, Will, Connor, and I will go", Chris said.

"OK, the asteroid will hit tomorrow so be there when it hits", Teddy said, "that's it,  everyone get back to work."