Have A Holly Jolly Christmas

"I really do not understand why I need to be here," Loki says with a groan, rolling his eyes at Thor. "I have no interest in how the Midgardians celebrate - or fail to celebrate - the Yuletide."

Thor smiles, clapping his brother on the shoulder, "Come now, brother. 'Tis the season for much joy! We will join in the festivities and merrymaking.

"I don't do merrymaking," Loki retorts, resisting the urge to elbow Thor in the stomach like he used to do as a child.

They round the corner, falling into step with each other, as the massive living room within the Avenger's training facility comes into view. Boughs of holly trim every doorway, their bright red berries standing in contrast with the shiny green leaves, offering the only sprig of color throughout the entire room.

An explosion of green, white, and gold fills the room, decorations dripping from nearly every surface. The floor in front of the fireplace is covered with a white faux Mongolian fur rug, looking every inch as inviting as the multiple sofas sprinkled around the room. Candles of varying sizes are spread throughout the room, giving it a decidedly less 'artificial' glow, that only compliments the deep green garland draped strategically here and there. Tiny yellow lights wink at Loki through the garland, giving the effect of starlight flickering in the night sky.

The tree itself is magnificent; a glorious evergreen, representing the promise of life even in the depths of winter, stands erect in the corner of the room. Gold and white ornaments hang from every branch, glittering brilliantly in the light, as the tree rises at least ten feet in the air. Perched on the very top, a massive star glitters and glows brightly with tiny flecks of gold covering the surface.

"Tweedledee and Tweedledum, don't just stand there," Tony says as he appears seemingly out of nowhere and throws a bag of gold tinsel at Loki. "Deck the halls and...you know...all that stuff."

Loki glowers at him, shoving the bag of tinsel against Thor's chest, and watches as his brother happily tears open the bag and begins tossing the ribbons of shiny gold all over the tree. Still dressed in his Asgardian attire, Thor looks ridiculously out of place as he strategically drapes tinsel across the branches with his red cape billowing out behind him and Mjölnir dangling from his belt.

"You should help, brother," Thor booms, glancing at where Loki is standing - arms crossed - in the darkest corner of the room.

"Ah, but I'm so enjoying watching you make a fool out of yourself," Loki retorts. "The mighty Thor, reduced to a Midgardian housemaid."

Tony snorts, "I'd watch it if I were you, Reindeer Games. You're one bloody nose away from being Rudolph for the rest of the night."

Loki glares at him, using his magic to send away the horned helmet that Tony loved to mock. Even without it he cuts an imposing figure, his black hair slicked back and falling to skim his shoulders. His dark green and black leather armor, trimmed in gold, fits him perfectly and only lends to his ominous aura.

"Were we supposed to dress to match the tree?" Clint walks into the room, pointing his thumb at Loki. He glances down at his purple Christmas sweater with a glitter-covered penguin on the front and shrugs before collapsing into one of the sofas.

Tony snickers, unafraid to mask his joy at Clint comments, while Loki narrows his eyes at the archer.

"I should've killed him while I had the chance," Loki murmurs to himself.

Clint glances up at him, "What's that?"

"Nothing," the god of mischief replies with a false smile. "Absolutely nothing."

Natasha snorts, "Nice save."

The redhead assassin smirks as she enters the room, keeping her eyes trained on Loki, before sitting on the sofa next to Clint. Wearing an ivory sweater and black skinny jeans, she almost looks ordinary and non-threatening.