Chapter 2

Hi!  So...err..Here's chapter 2! x3 Hope you like it! Oh! And the dress on the side is what Ismine is wearing!

~.~.~.~.~

Actually, it was no one's doom. As much as I love Celine -note the sarcasm there- I would put all the blame on her in a heartbeat.

I stepped into my chambers gracefully in my ivy green colored dress that was layered.

It was breath taking, if I may say so myself. It was ivy green, and went down to the floor, hiding my shoes -or lack thereof- and had a beautiful dark green vine design on the skirt and on the corset.

Thankfully the corset wasn't supposed to be tied to tight, and the dress itself wasn't heavy at all, making it easy to move in, and much, much easier to breathe in.

When Mother saw me, she beamed. "Ismine!" she cried happily, standing and gliding gracefully to me, her arms wide.

I managed a small smile. My head hurt from all the pins holding my hair up.

Mother was wearing a dark red velvet dress, the corset tied tight, but not to make her breathing hard. It was layered at the bottom but wasn't that heavy. It was stunning, and you couldn't see her shoes either. Her blonde hair was down, spread across her shoulders, making the red of her dress look brighter.

Celine was wearing a white and blue colored gown, that's corset was tied up tightly, exposing her breasts more, and was layered, making it very heavy, also covering her shoes. Her blonde hair, that was a shade darker then mine, was pinned up as well, braided into millions of tiny braids, then put up into a bun.

"Thank you Mother." I smiled, brighter, her enthusiasm getting to me.

She was now in front of me, taking me in more closely. "Oh darling!" she started. "Prince Puru will be most pleased!"

I groaned. "Mother, I don't-"

"Mother!" Celine shouted, bringing Mother's attention to her. 'Thanks Celine. I really mean that one...' I thought in relief. But then I sighed. Here we go...

"Will you get her already?! I know she did it! Left a mess in my room, then threw things at my face! My face!" my younger sister demanded. She's only younger than me by one year. She likes the idea of ruling. I don't.

I blinked, making myself look confused.

"Celine, what are you going on about? Of course she didn't. She was with her handmaiden's since she woke, preparing." Mother stated, looking at my sister hard.

I nodded, and both Riha and Maria confirmed the Queen's claims.

Celine was quickly growing furious. She shrieked, and stormed out of my chambers.

Both Mother and I sighed.

"Forget the matter entirely, Ismine. Let the child deal with it herself."

I nodded as she made her way to the doors. "Yes Mother."

She nodded, hearing my response. "I'll see you again at the ball. Prince Puru will be anxious to meet you!" she exclaimed, leaving the room.

As she closed the door, I heard the lock click. Sighing, I dismissed Riha and Maria with a thank you for earlier.

They smiled at me and bowed, before leaving through the servants' door.

Once they were gone, I instantly started pulling out the hair pins, letting my hair fall down. I grabbed a band and pulled it back into a ponytail, brushing it out, making it straight again. I stepped out of my shoes, and undressed.

I pulled on a thin peasant's undershirt, leaving my underwear on, I looked in the back of my closet, grabbing the peasant's clothes that were burried deep, out of sight, and started to dress.

Once I was dressed, I locked the doors to my chambers, and grabbed some rope I'd hidden. I tied it to my bedpost and threw the rest out the window.

I braced myself, then jumped out the window, clutching the rope tightly in my hands.

My eyes shut tight, as my feet slammed onto the palace's 5th floor wall.

Sighing in relief, at the fact I wasn't dead, hadn't made a sound, and wasn't caught yet, I started scaling down.

The rope ended between the 1st and 2nd floor wall. I took a deep breath, and jumped down, landing on my feet in the gravel.

I winced at impact, but other wise I was fine. I straightened up and started running towards the market, with and bag slug across my body, bouncing against my hip as I ran, and a knife strapped on the same hip, hidden by my baggy shirt.

I was running towards temporary freedom.

My

temporary freedom.

xXx

Sighing, I looked around. The hardest part was done -not getting caught by the guards while leaving the castle. But I still had a hard job to do.

Make sure royal guards stationed everywhere, for the arrival of Prince Puru, didn't see me. Otherwise, I'd be as good as dead.

A small smile tugged at my lips. I spun in a small circle, looking at everything around me, before continuing my walk.

I was happy! So incredibly happy! For the first time in my life, I'm doing something I want to do for myself! I was out! Finally out!

And apparently I was so happy I couldn't even see where I was going.

I bumped into someone, my head hitting the bottom of their chest, since they were very tall. Well I knew it was a male now.

I looked up blushing. "I-i'm so sorry!" I stammered, my voice a squeak.

He was tall and big. He clamped one of his large hands on my shoulder. "Are ya now lass?" he asked, grinning.

I nodded, making him laugh. "What's er name lass?"

"Ism- I mean Ivy! Ivy sir." I said quickly, hoping he didn't notice my name change.

He didn't seem to. "Well Miss. Ivy, come with me." he said steering me in direction of a pub. I gulped. If Mother knew what I was doing, she'd kill me...I had no choice but to go, anyway. It's not like I'd be able to get out of his grip.

Pushing open the door, he whistled. The noise was loud and shrill.

Everyone turned, and they stared at me. Someone whistled.

"Oy! Got us a new lass! Named 'erself Ivy!" he shouted.

"Oy Macon!" someone shouted loudly to be heard over the whistle's and claps at our arrival.

"What?!" the man holding me, Macon, shouted.

"Stop hoggin' her to yerself! Let us all meet this 'ere Ivy!" the same guy shouted, and another round of whistle's were heard.

Macon laughed. "Oy! Tristen!" he shouted. I looked up at him curious. "Get yer arse over here and show Ivy 'round these parts!"

'Tristen? Who's he?'

I thought.