A different ending

Hey guys! This is my first fanfiction so it's not going to be that good and I'm probably going to have many words wrong. My cover is awful but no hate please!😂❤

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Attention, attention tributes! There has been a slight rule change. The previous revision allowing for two victories from the same district has been revoked. Only one victor may be crowned. Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favour!"

I let it sink in. It was just a trick. They never wanted us both to survive, they just wanted a good last fight! I should have seen that coming. I am so angry that I almost forget Peeta. I slowly turn around to him. He doesn't look shocked. "If I'm being honest, I'm not that surprised." He says. He is so pale that its like I can see through him. He takes a deep, shaking breath.

"Come on. Shoot me." What? Did he actually just say that? I shake my head.

"Come on. One of us has to die they have to have their victor. And if someone is going home it should be you." I want to say something but I can't. I can't talk, I can't move. He just stares at me. He starts shaking so much that he falls to the ground. I try to catch him and when my hand touches his skin, I can feel how cold he is.

I take his freezing hand and try to warm it up. Then he looks up at me and says; "Katniss please, I'm already dead!" I don't want to believe that. "No you're not! You are still breathing, and moving!" He tries to say something but I cut him of. "Katniss..." " I'm going to get you some water!" Even though the lake is pretty close, I want to run because, I know(while I don't want to believe it)that Peeta don't have much time left.

When I'm almost back to Him again, I stop. What is he doing? I start to walk again and then run. I am standing right behind him when I notice his knife beside him. It just take seconds before I get it. "Peeta?" He looks up with pain. I sit on my knees and put his head in my lap. "No, no, no, no!" I try to hold back the blood. Peeta looks up at me with sad eyes. He tries to sit up but I hold him down. When I'm about to take of my jacket and use it to stop the blood, he takes my hands. He slowly sit up. A single tear falls from my eye and he wipe it of with his thumb. He is crying to. "I'm sorry!" He says. I hug him soft until the canon goes of.

"Ladies and gentlemen. May I present the winner of the 74th annual Hunger games; Katniss Everdeen!"