One Thing Chapter Three

~~~Rivers POV~~~

I finished unpacking my things into my new room that had light grey walls. I trotted downstairs, it was only 12:42 and we had the rest of the day to ourselves.

"Soo what are we gonna do now?" I ask.

"Well I was thinking we could go down to the beach." Liam says. The boys nod their heads. I sigh then nod. I run back up to my room and find a black and gray leopard print bikini. I change into it then look at myself. My eyes drift down to my stomach. Shoot!

I can't let them see the scars! Shit, shit, shit!!! I rumage through my things before finding a white t-shirt with little patterns on the front so it shouldn't be see through. I throw on a pair of shorts and tug my hair into a messy pony tail. I slip on a pair of flip flops and run back downstairs after grabbing a towel.

The boys are already downstairs waiting. They are all shirtless. "Wooo!!! Lets goo!!!!" Louis shouts before hopping on Harrys back. Louis slaps Harrys butt and yells, "Go horsey! Go!" I look at Zayn, who is shaking his head, and make a 'did-I-really-just-see-that' face. Zayn laughs and Niall comes running at me.

"Go! Go, go, go, go, go, go!!!" Niall shouts in his Irish voice as he flings me over his shoulder.

"What the hell, Niall!" I shout. Niall just laughs and keeps running. "Food boy! Put me down!" I shout. But he keeps running towards the beach. Before I know it, Nialls feet are stepping on sand. He lifts me off his shoulder and suddenly throws me. Liam catchs me. Liam sets me on my feet.

I look out at the water to see Louis and Harry throwing wet sand at each other. Niall tackles Harry to the ground. Louis shoves a handful of sand into Nialls mouth and yells something along the lines of 'Eat the sand, boy! Eat it! Does it taste like carrots?' Zayn walks up and whacks Louis upside the head. Louis acts overdramatic and falls on the sand 'crying'. Liam lifts Louis off the ground and pushes him into the waves. They all laugh at each other.

I sit down on wet sand and let the water run over my feet. I draw random stars and shapes in the sand with my finger. Suddenly, I am lifted over a shoulder.

"Muhahahaha! I have captured the Water Carrot!" Louis yells while running towards with me over his shoulder. I roll my eyes before I get thrown into the salty ocean. I quickly bring my head out of the water and fake glare at Louis who smiles brightly at me.

"Ohh, it's on!" I say and run at him. Louis turns and runs but I pick up sand it chuck it at his head and it gets all in his hair. I start laughing. Louis turns around and runs at me. I squeal and run away. I run straight at Harry and hide behind him. Harry chuckles but lets me use him as a shield. When I think Louis is gone, I step out from behind Harry. But Louis comes up from behind me and lifts me up by my waist. I yell but he keeps me in the air. He tosses me in the water again but I swim towards his legs and yank him underwater. I pop up out if the water and laugh at Louis as he comes out soaking wet.

I turn and run back to the rest of the boys who are sitting on the sand laughing at us except Niall, who is running towards us. I avoid stepping on a sharp shell in the sand, but Niall doesn't. He ends up with a good sized gash on his foot. He sits on the ground, unable to walk on his foot without getting sand in the cut. We all surround him.

"River, I need your shirt to wrap his foot." Liam says. I freeze. No. They will see the scars.

"Liam-" I start to say.

"We need something to wrap his foot with and none of us have any shirts." He says looking at me. I sigh and nod.

"Okay, but please don't ask any questions. I don't want to talk about it." I say before pulling off my top and handing it to Liam. All my scars in the open for everyone to see.