Chapter 1-Indescribable

CHAPTER 1-Indescribable

"Kayla!"

That was all she could hear. Her feet leading her to only God knows where. The only thing she could see was the street on which she was running.

There were no stars in the sky, no sound of the wind and no feel of the breeze. Just her name being mentioned from everywhere. She was sweating but she couldn't stop running. She didn't know why.

Then from afar, she saw two patterns of light forming and approaching her. They looked like the headlights of a car. Kayla stood still. Watching the moving object as it got nearer. She didn't move. She closed her eyes and she felt something grab her waist and pulling her to the other side. Her eyes were still closed.

The next thing she heard was a male voice saying in a whisper, "It's alright." Opening her eyes to see who it was she heard another voice calling her name from afar. The figure that was by her got away by the sound which was drawing nearer and nearer. She didn't even see the face of her rescuer. It became louder but softer and gradually turning to a familiar voice.

"Kayla."

This time around it sounded very close and she opened her eyes to see Cameline sitting by her on her bed.

"Enough of the sleep, hun. Get up and get a bath and come down. Max will be in soon." Cameline said softly as she got up from the bed.

Kayla let out a little 'okay' as Cameline walked out of the room. Kayla, realizing it was morning, placed the pillow on her head and sighed.

"It was just a dream." She said as she got up from her bed. She could hardly remember what happened in the dream but she knows she heard a male voice saying it's alright and also someone pulling her from the approaching object.

That person probably saved her life.

"Who would want to save her life and give her comforting words as though she had friends? She thought as a string of tear rolled from her eyes.

Her eyes full of mixed emotions: anger, sadness and loneliness.

Since grade three, Kayla has been stuck to herself. Since that incident of her aunt being caught in dealing with drugs, she became reserved to herself though that was actually opposite to her real personality. Her real self, as she called it. Some way somehow that self was still within her. It is just left with how she would bring it out.

Kayla is now adopted by Carmeline Wilson who she now calls mom. Her parents died in an accident when she was three. She was with her aunt when the incident happened. So her aunt took custody of her before she was arrested.

Now she is used to this behavior and now in high school people only know her but never talk to her.

She never talks to people too.

"It's useless to make friends.''

She would say whenever her Cameline talked to her about socializing. Cameline has always been nice to Kayla since the day she met her.

Kayla feels very comfortable around her that she now calls her mom. Well, you could say that she is not only a mom but also a friend to her since she has no friends.

Cameline is just so stunned at how she likes her unsociable behavior though she could see how hurt and lonely she was sometimes.

She thinks she is indescribable.

One time she is happy that she is 'friend-free' and the next time she is just so hurt that no one cares about her.

"Mom, I love being like this. This is my life, okay? " Kayla would always say.