December 24

ally's perspective

"Your late," I said after noticing y/n was here "oh sorry I didn't know I had to be early to a job I DIDNT apply to!" I shook my head "I can't even believe this mall is open on Christmas Eve." Y/N said and I sighed "I know but there's last minute Christmas gifts so —" I explained. "Where's that Camila girl?" She said "why so you can check her out again?" I rolled by eyes but she didn't see me — "no, I mean I wouldn't mind that but...didn't I say this already I don't belong here so where is she?" I shrugged "Ally I know it's you, you smell like an Elf."

My eyebrows furrowed at y/n's comment and I turned to her to see Camila covering her eyes "that's not me y/n/n" I said accidentally calling her with a nickname "y/n/n? First the hands covering eyes now nicknames? What are we, engaged?" I sighed "that's Camila." Camila frowned as I called her out "thanks Ally." She pouted.

"Why are you back here?" I walked up to them two,
Y/N was leaning on a styrofoam candy cane — she was lost in a strong gaze with Camila. I coughed getting her attention. "Because you made her impersonate an Elf so she's stuck working here." I explained to Camila in a snarky tone. But she was lost looking at y/n to even notice. "Ahem, Camila it is nice to see you here with us on Christmas Eve." I heard our boss say and y/n got startled as she tipped over the candy cane falling on top of it.

"Y/N!" I shouted "I'm okay!" She yelled groaning — "isn't that delightful." I heard the boss mumble as I rushed down the steps to check if she was okay — while Camila stood talking with the boss. "Are you okay?" I asked her my palm under her head "if I'm not can I go home?" She asked me "no." The boss said and I just pointed at his direction "fuuuuu—" a kid and his mother approached us "uuuun." She smiled not saying the sinful word — "sorry were not open yet ma'am." I said — and they just walked away.

"Hey you're getting better at it cussing — I'm proud of you —"

"Bullshit." She said and our boss looked at her "s-s-sticks! I said sticks!" Y/N said smiling and the boss walked away. I saw Camila giggle "she's funny — can we keep her?" Camila looked at me her hand on y/n's chest — I looked at her in disgust. "Gross." I rolled my eyes and looked away hurt. Hurt? Why? Woah....

After 8 o'clock when we started only a few kids walked on up but I couldn't stop facing the fact that Camila and Y/N were getting close...too close. Do I like her? No. Yes? No! Shut up conscience! Okay... "Hey I'm heading out —" Camila said "Cams we just started — like thirty minutes ago." I said annoyed at her "yeah like you said thirty minutes ago! No ones here boss man won't notice if I'm gone."

"I should go too." Y/N said "no!" It slipped out of my mouth...they looked at me weirdly "not without a candy cane..." I lifted up a candy cane "those are plastic..." Camila said and I dropped them — "c'mon y/n I can take you home." Camila said — I felt awkward being there — as Camila grabbed her hand.

Y/N looked down at their hands touching but she let go almost automatically once she noticed I had noticed — "maybe I shouldn't — bossman can call the cops if he sees me gone." She said scratching the back of her neck. "I like danger, don't you?" Camila winked at her — I just turned around "you should go." I whispered and they thought looked "okay but Al no one asked for permission," Camila laughed.

"I'm just saying, Cams." I shrugged walking away towards Ms,Clause who was drinking hot chocolate "is there anymore hot cocoa?" I asked her "there's hot cocoa?" She asked me — "isn't that what your drinking?" I asked her tilting my head — "oh no, it's whiskey — don't tell Mr.Claus he'll steal it from me!" She whispered — "oh...maybe I should go somewhere else then..." I said beginning to walk away.