chapter 7

n// sorry for the wait and the short chapter!!! it may be short but it's got a lot of action so there ya go. happy holidays!!!!!!!!!

Lucy and Angel wasted no time getting to the church immediately, entering the church and looking around, ignoring the fact that the priest was standing there altogether. He couldn't see them, anyways.

"There was a massacre here a few years ago..." Angel spoke as he looked around the wrecked church. "And that was due to whom...? Ah, yes, the witches. Nature's servants, hmm?"

"And, yet, here we are in the same boat."

"Let's just get this over with." Was all the older of the twins said in return.

The two walked up the stairs until they reached the attic, where upon opening the door, they were met with Elijah laying in a coffin, seemingly untouched.

"Is he dead?" Angel asked, watching the man as he laid still.

"No." Lucy rolled her eyes. "He's not dead."

"How do you know?"

"I can feel it, I don't know!"

"That's disgusting."

"Just like your face!"

"I'm perfect!"

"Says the banished boy!"

"Temporarily banished, thank you very much!"

Lucy could tell Elijah, although not dead, was not very strong at the moment, either, and was trying not to not blow his cover as the resident desiccated Mikaelson, regardless of whether they were alone or not, so she made the first move by entering the attic and sitting on the closed half of the coffin, leaving her brother behind.

"Elijah," She whispered, looking down at his peaceful face. "Elijah, it's me. Lucy. Wake up, the coast is clear. No one else is here but us."

Hearing her voice, he decided not to take any chances, so he quickly opened his eyes and transported them into the little world he'd built in his mind.

"Well," He spoke, pouring some bourbon into a crystal glass. "Looks like I have even more visitors."

"More?" Lucy asked, looking at him in his fancy clothes from a different time period in curiosity. "Who else was here before us?"

"Rebekah." He answered curtly, making the relationship between Rebekah, him, and the clothing click. They were in the memory that Elijah had of which he took Rebekah out to the opera the day after she was awoken from her dagger induced slumber. A night she remembered well. "Never mind that, though. However, I must inquire: where have you been?"

"Heaven. Well, rather, my own personal hell."

"What on earth am I wearing?" Angelus asked, not even paying attention to his sister or the man she was hopelessly in love with before her. "It's... Hideous!"

"I take it this is Jesus?" Elijah asked, remembering what she had to say about her little brother being the more dramatic one.