Chapter 34: Silly Little Boy

Damon stared at her for a moment, as if to assess if she was joking – then he couldn't stop his mouth any longer…

"What? Really? Are you serious?" He questioned half disbelieving, half bouncing with delight and she nodded.

"But before you get too excited, things need to slow down a little between us if I'm staying." She directed and he frowned.

"Really? You won't even let me have this victory for ten seconds before you're a buzz-kill about it?" He retorted annoyed and she shot him an amused look.

"We still have the same issue, Damon." She reminded him. "You still have Katherine to get over." She pointed to him.

"I am over her." He replied annoyed.

"I believe that you're over her feelings-wise but you're not going to be over her betrayal yet." She pointed out and he nodded.

"But I am." He countered.

"How can you be? If that were me I'd be devastated." She argued.

"Well, to be honest… if she'd been in the tomb, I wouldn't be with you and she doesn't compare to you in any way, so I'm starting to think that I waited all of this time because I was supposed to come here and find you. If I hadn't given a crap about Katherine or her being in the tomb or not, I wouldn't have come back here when I did then I might have missed out on being with my soul mate. It was meant to be you and me, that's why I'm over everything with Katherine. It doesn't hurt or sting at all because she did me a favour by lying about the tomb since it gave me you." He detailed and she was seriously melting at his whole explanation.

"You really feel that way?" Caroline asked gently and he nodded.

"I do." He confirmed. "Even when I saw Kol rip her heart out… my first thought was that I was relieved because she could never hurt you like she did the first time." He disclosed and her eyes glassed then she kissed him and he kissed her back with passion.

"Oh, God." She mumbled.

"What?" He tested.

"I'm seriously going to fall for your crap forever." She sighed and he cracked a laugh then kissed her.

"Good." He approved and she shot him an amused look. "But it's not crap." He pointed out. "I do feel that way." He added and she nodded.

"I believe you." Caroline accepted.

Present

Stefan clucked his tongue in irritation while Damon was smirking at the memory – but obviously didn't tell them about it because when did he blab personal moments?

"What's wrong?" Elena asked Stefan concerned.

"You know I said earlier that I followed Damon then when I was in the woods, I felt a sting in my back then it all went black?" Stefan asked and they nodded. "My past-self just woke up." He muttered.

"And?" Damon tested

"And Isobel and John have me tied up." Stefan revealed annoyed.

"Oh my God! Call Care!" Elena exclaimed.

Past

Elena stirred hearing vibration over and over then she noticed that Caroline wasn't in bed next to her. Elena reached over to the phone and saw that she was calling, so it was clearly her future-self.

"Call Damon right now! I need to talk to Care. Now." Future-Elena directed before her past-self could even say hello then the line went dead.