Not this year

A/N: Not the sequel to American Twins but a cute holiday side story. Hope you enjoy.

~°₩°~

America and U.S. just watched as England ran around the house trying to set everything up. Christmas was only one week away and he had been so busy he hadn't had time to decorate the house yet. Many government employees took two week vacations in order to see family and friends. And being the kind person he is he did all of their work.

"Iggy take a break already. You've been running around for 3 hours now." U.S. sighed.

"Sorry love but I'm... afraid I can't do that... Peter... will be coming over tomorrow and I need to have the house ready. He loves a lot of decorations." England said speaking whenever he came back in the room. Trying to decorate many rooms at once.

"Well at least let us help." America said and picked up some lights that needed to be hung outside.

He grabbed the lights out of his hand and ran outside. "Thanks for the help." He said as he open and shut the front door.

"That's not what I meant." America said to himself.

U.S. got up and locked the front door. He then proceeded to lock the windows as well.

"What are you doing?" America asked.

"Locking Artie out. He needs to take a break. We'll have him go out and do whatever he wants to relax. While he's doing that you and I will take care of everything." U.S. Explained.

"Awesome idea bro!"

They high fived and proceeded to lock everything. Even the upstairs windows. After that they went back downstairs.

"You decorate and bake some sweets. I'll see if I can convince Tony to help out with some special effects. We're going to make this the best Christmas ever!" America exclaimed.

"Good luck. You know Tony hates Artie." U.S. chuckled

"He's just jealous that he doesn't get to spend as much time with us anymore." America smirked.

"Sure is sad. We should hang out with him after this is all over. He probably misses us."

"I'll arrange it after I get his help. We need to worry about Iggy right now."

They both nodded and went to go do what needed to be done.

U.S. went into the basement and grabbed a few boxes full of Christmas decorations. They weren't very heavy thanks to his inhuman strength. But he did have a hard time being able to see.

He stumbled up the stairs nearly falling on his ass. Luckily he was able to regain his balance. Artie didn't need the stress of having to worry about one of his idiot boyfriends on top of the holidays.

He put the boxes down as soon as he got up there. He looked through them smiling at what he found. There were old and new decorations. Some extremely worn and others barely used. But what made him smile were the two ornaments wrapped in a thick soft cloth.

One was a poorly made clay star and the other a small fall that resembled England with some stuffing poking out. They were free ornaments that they had made when they were kids. America had made the star while he did the doll. They were done on two separate years of course but even so he obviously treasured them.

U.S. chuckled. "Such an old man."

~America~

"Hey Tony what's up?" America asked loudly.

Tony looked up with a blank expression. It had been a while since he had visit him.

"None of your fucking business." He growled.

"Aww come on Tony don't be like that." America whined.

"I will be like this."

"I'm sorry we haven't had time for you but tell you what, after Christmas we'll go on a road trip."

"Will the limey come?"

"Nope."

"...No..."

"Fine then we'll owe you one. How about that?"

"...Fine..."

Tony turned around and began pressing buttons and pulling levers. When he finished he nodded to America to let him know he was finished.

"Thanks Tony. You're the best!" America squeezed him in a tight hug.

"Whatever."

~England~

He had finally hung up all the lights after an hour. He had a big house (more like a mansion) that he built himself and made additions to over the years. He smiled proudly at his work. Next was the yard. It shouldn't take him to long to do it. Only 7 hours.

He went to the house and tried to open the front door but it was locked. He frowned in confusion. He didn't lock the door when he left. His keys were inside.

"Strange..."

He went to the back of the house and tried the back door. Locked. He then tried the windows. Again locked.

"What the bloody hell is going on here?!" He shouted.

U.S. and America suddenly popped out of nowhere. England just about jumped out of his skin.

They pointed to the front door. Growling he went over there. They were obviously up to something.

He waited tapping his foot as he's heard noise on the other side.

The mail slot suddenly opened and a pair of sky blue eyes with flecks of ice blue appeared.

"Hey Iggy! What's up?"

"What's up? What's up! I'm stuck outside is what's up! Let me in!" He growled.

"No can do."

"America I swear to God if you don't let me in right now I will strangle you with Christmas lights!"

His eyes were suddenly replaced with different ones. These eyes were sky blue as well but with flecks of warm blue instead.

"Hey Artie. Sorry but we can't let you in. You've been working to hard and need a break. We'll take care of everything here. You go out and enjoy yourself. Go to the park or the spa. Maybe stop by the book store and get some books."

"No. I don't want you two to mess anything up. It has to be absolutely perfect!"

"To bad. You've been working yourself to hard. You're going to tap a break and that final. Now go and do something fun before I make burgers the main dish for the Christmas party." U.S. threatened.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

"Fine!" England huffed walking to the car. Looks like he had no choice but to enjoy himself.

"Bye Iggy!"

"See ya Artie!"

"Whatever..." He grumbled.

The twins looked at each other and laughed. This would be an interesting Christmas.
~°₩°~

A/N: So I will be writing one each day until New Years. There will be a few time skips because this is supposed to happen within two weeks.