18# Take My Hand ~ 17 Seungkwan ~

HYUNJOO POV

"Hyunjoo, it's time to leave"

"Neh Omma" I smiled

"You guys ready?"

"Neh! Come on Hyunjoo. Let's go"

I felt his hand holding mine.

He squeezed my hand lightly.

I smiled.

"Let's go Seungkwan" I said

"Mhm"

I'm.. a blind person. I can't see anyone at all.. nothing.. It's just dark. I can't really explain it how I see the world but.. It's just hard to live as a blind person. However, I wasn't born blind.. I.. went blind after a certain incident when I was young.. It was Self Harm. Back when I was a little girl, I didn't understand complicated stuff like relationships and problems but I could understand one thing: Pain.

Ever since Appa left us, Omma would always stare into my eyes and say with a smile "Your eyes.. are just like Appa's". Was it a compliment? Was it an insult? I wasn't sure back then but all I knew was.. Omma was in pain.. especially every time she looked into my eyes. So I made a wrong move and... damaged my eyes permanantly. Because of what I did to myself, Omma became overprotective and I struggle everyday to live in fear of the darkness. When I was child, I probably thought of something like.. 'If I got rid of my eyes, Omma would be happy' but I was wrong.. It was.. wrong. Because Omma can't always look after me, she would ask my childhood friend and next door neighbour Boo Seungkwan to take care of me.

FLASHBACK

"How can I tell that you're with me?" I asked nervously, "What if a random stranger grabbed hold of me?"

Seungkwan chuckled then grabbed my hand.

I flinched.

"I'll take your hand then squeeze it. That's how you'll know it's me" Seungkwan said

"R-Really?" I said

"Of course! I'll always be with you" Seungkwan said, "So whenever you're in trouble, I'll save you then squeeze your hand"

END OF FLASHBACK

Although I am thankful to Seungkwan who literally took care of me my whole life, I feel.. guilty towards him. I have thoughts like 'If I wasn't blind, would Seungkwan be with me?' or 'If I wasn't blind, would Seungkwan have a normal life like every other boy?' These thoughts keep coming to me and.. they make me feel remorseful and horrible.. So now that we're older (we're highschoolers already).. I've decided to take action and be independent.

"Like. I. Said" Seungkwan said, "How are you going to be independent huh?"

"I-I can find a way" I said

"Pshh. Find a way my butt. You'll need support and I'm your support" Seungkwan said

"I know I've said this before but... I feel bad--" I said

"And I know I've said this before: Don't feel bad" Seungkwan said, "I'm being with you because I want to"

I pouted..

"Aish.. Don't do that. If you do that, I'll have no control over the beast in my body" Seungkwan said

"Beast?" I said

"You won't understand.. Jeez, if only if you can see how beautiful you are" Seungkwan said as he clicked his tongue, "What a waste of beauty"

"Y-Yah! Are you insulting me or complimenting me?!" I exclaimed