Chapter Five: Liberty?

Marshall's POV
As we three friends went and soon found a big object. They felt it and quickly identified it as a vehicle, and of course it was Rubble's. But if Rubble's rig is here, where is Rubble? "Guys, we better not move from here, we're close to the entrance, and I know the others are near" said I. We decide to lay down near the rig for a few minutes, and I feel a cold hand quickly grabbing my shoulder. "Boo!" It was Ryder. I jumped so high I nearly touched the ceiling. Rubble and Rocky were right behind him, and Rocky had a flashlight. "Good morning pups!" Says Ryder, stretching. I was confused and spattered, "But, but where were you?" Ryder smiled and replied, "We were sleeping inside the pup house, Marshall. Rocky just managed to fix Rubble's rig, and we're going to try to exit the cave." Oh boy. Finally! This cave is claustrophobic and dark, I can't stand it here. I'm almost twenty times as clumsy since I can't see around, and I trip every ten meters. Rubble's rig got to work and pushed a huge boulder out of the way, and a ray of sunshine beamed into the cave, providing a blast of light. "Ah, much better!" said Rubble in relief. Ryder and the other pups helped take out the smaller rocks to provide an exit for a Rubble's rig.

After a few minutes of digging, Rubble decided that he would try to squeeze in his rig through the boulders. But as he jumped in, he felt something familiar. He was sitting on Chase! Rubble woke Chase up. "Huh? Where am I?" Rubble laughed, "You are free Chase! Free!" said Rubble as he made it out. Rocks started to fall from the top of the cave but everyone made it out safely.

"Next time there's a storm", says Ryder, "we'll just go hide under a tree instead!" All the pups laughed and were tired, and they had barely any energy to drive back. But their vehicles were missing. "We've been underground so long our vehicles have been stolen!" Said Chase. "Oh well," says Ryder. "I'll get you all new ones. After all, you've all been such good pups!"

The End