Chapter 2 ★ Chase Her Down

A/N: Here's another chapter for you all!

== ⊂(・(ェ)・)⊃ ==

Both girls were back in their dorm room as Normani finished helping Lauren pack.

"Alright, everything's set,"  Mani said putting the two containers full of blood a backpack.

"Alright thanks," the green eyed beauty was sitting on her bed looking out the window. "Never really noticed how the moon makes everything so beautiful at night..."

"Yeah, don't get sentimental on me Lauren. You better come back. I don't want you lingering there for too long. That's all I ask."

"I don't know... Maybe I'll actually stay and befriend a human if I'm lucky."

Normani crossed her arms, "Excuse you, I'm your number one best friend. Don't you dare replace me with a human being." She unleashed her fangs playfully.

Lauren started laughing, "Feisty, I won't."

The green eyed vampire was finally ready to depart on her adventure. She quickly swung her backpack over her shoulders.

"I'll come with you until we reach the wired fences," Normani said.

"No problemo," Lauren walked towards the window and opened it.

"Woah, woah! What are you doing?!"

"I thought we were ready?..."

"And you plan on going through the window? How about the normal way using the door?" Normani asked.

"I don't want to risk my father catching me. Plus, this is normal for us," Lauren was sitting on the ledge of the window ready to jump at any moment. "It's only a three story jump. We've done much higher jumps than this Mani."

"Okay fine," Normani slowly walked towards the green eyed beauty and  looked down. "Only for you."

"Great!" Lauren smiled. "Ready, set, go!" Instantly she pushed herself off.

"Wait!" The chocolate skinned vampire tried grabbing her best friend's hand.  "Lauren where are you?! Say something!"

"Chillax, I'm safe! Come down here! I'll catch you!"

Normani swung her legs over the window. Even though she's a vampire, the chocolate skinned beauty was never used to jumping down from really high altitudes. "Hold on, let me just... Oh, fuck it." She closed her eyes and waited for Lauren to catch her.

"I... I got you!!" The porcelain skinned successfully caught her best friend putting her back on two feet. "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

"Let's just go before someone catches us." Normani started off running and Lauren followed behind.

Super speed comes in handy in times like these. Both were by the wired fences in a matter of minutes.

"Who goes there?" A tall masculine vampire stepped forward.

"It's just us Zander," Lauren walked towards the moonlight for him to see. Normani was right behind her. "I'm planning to cross over the other side."