Exams

Before we start, I have a surprise for y'all at the end.

______

Irene slips off her shoes and enters her dorm room, placing her backpack beside her bed before jumping onto the bottom bunk.

She turns to the girl occupying the study table; open books, markers and pens sprawled on top of it. Wendy had been home all day and since Irene left the room, she’s been at that table, rarely moving from her spot.

She looks at the younger girl in disbelief. How can she stay in one spot for so long? Wasn’t Wendy a fidgety person? Irene has never seen Wendy sit so still in all her life and it kind of scares her.

“Wan-ah,” she calls for the girl, “How long have you been at that table?”

Wendy keeps still for a few seconds before replying, “Wait, how long have you been out?”

“4 hours”

“5” She says nonchalantly, ignoring the look of disbelief on Irene’s face.

‘Creepy’ Irene thinks to herself. It’s almost as if her roommate has been hypnotised or brainwashed. The Wendy she know couldn’t ever sit still for more than fifteen minutes and to see her sitting in the spot she hated the most for such a long period of time seems very suspicious.

“Okay, who are you and what have you done with my little Seungwan?” Irene jumps off the bed and stands with her arms propped up in front of her, almost as if she was about to fight someone.

“What are you talking about, Unnie?” Wendy doesn’t even try to spare Irene a glance, staring at the textbook in front of her as she twirls the pen in her hand.

“I’m saying that the little Wannie I know hates being at the study table. You, stranger, have been sitting there for five hours straight. So tell me, where have you taken my Wannie?” she says more aggressively this time.

Wendy quirks her brows, annoyed and turns around to scold the girl but bursts out laughing when she sees the stance Irene was in.

“Unnie, you look stupid!”

“Exactly! Who are you?! My little Seungwannie would never laugh at me!”

After calming herself down, an idea strikes her.

Wendy stands up to prove her point. She moves towards the older girl, said girl slowly backing away as she closes the distance between them. Once she was close enough, she quickly wraps her arms around the older girl and pushes her against the wall. She crashers their lips together: Irene’s arms snaking around her neck. When she feels the older girl’s knees start to tremble, Wendy finally pulls away with a playful glint in her eye and a smirk on her face.

“Do you believe me now?” she lets out breathily as she stares at the girl in the eyes.

Irene lets out whimper as she nods, her knees quivering at their closeness.

“Good,” she moves closer to Irene’s ears, “Because no one is allowed to see you like except for me”

Wendy steps back and turns towards the study table, taking the seat she was previously in and sits down, continuing her work as if she didn’t just give Irene a mental break down. She takes her pen in hand and starts twirling it again, flipping through a few pages.

Irene on the other hand was on the floor, trying her hardest to calm down her frantically beating heart. I mean, who wouldn’t go crazy over a dominant Wendy?

Once she does finally calm down her heart, she walks behind the chair Wendy was sitting in and hits the girl on the back, hard.

“Mean” she growls, her cheeks puffed up.

She ignores the pained grunt Wendy let out and quickly jumps into bed, smothering herself in blankets and closing her eyes. She slowly felt her consciousness slipping away and not long after, she completely knocks out.

***

Irene stirs in her sleep, brows furrowing. She slowly opens her eyes, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She looks at the clock on her bed side table.

4:15 am

She hears the clicking of computer keys wafting through the air. Turning her head, she sees her roommate typing away at her laptop, occasionally looking at her textbooks and notebooks from time to time.

Irene slowly sits up, pushing the blanket off her body, swinging her legs off the edge of her bed. Her feet touch the cold ground despite it being carpet. Pushing herself off the bed, she gets up and slowly, quietly starts stumbling towards the study table where her roommate was working her butt off.

"Wendy~ it's time to go to bed" she wraps her arms around the girl's shoulders, chin resting at the top of the shorter girl's head.

Wendy grunts, ignoring her and continues to type.

"I need to study. Exams are coming up and I'm not prepared yet" she doesn’t even spare Irene a glance and instead grabs a highlighter and her textbook, running the thing across the paper, letting the ink mark previously white page.

"But you're an academic genius, Wannie. It's time to go to bed" Irene whines as she buries her nose into Wendy's thick tresses, taking in the scent of blueberries.

"But I don’t feel prepared," she finally turns away from her textbook "I'm not confident I'll pass the test. You can go ahead a go back to bed. I'll stay up a bit more"

"Well, I'll stay up with you" the older of the two sits back down on her bed, kicking her legs as she watches her roommate's back. "I don’t want to go to sleep if you're awake"

At that, Wendy turns around, her chair spinning around with her. She looks at the red head with wide eyes knowing how much Irene needed her beauty sleep.

"No, go to sleep. I might not be even going to sleep" Wendy scolds harshly even though her eyes were displaying nothing but worry.

"No. I don’t want to go to sleep unless you're coming with me" that’s it. Irene has got the girl baited. She knows very well that Wendy hates seeing her tired. "I'm not going to bed until you are too" a smirk plays on Irene's lips when she sees the girl stand.

"Fine, I'll go to bed" she says that but Irene knows better. Wendy never completely leaves her computer unless it's shut down and right now, the computer was still open and running. She furrows her brows and looks at the girl.

"You're just going to be in bed with me until I fall asleep"

Wendy stops in her tracks.

"What? No, of course not"

"Why is you're laptop still on, then?" Irene has to hold back the urge to giggle when she sees Wendy sweat dropping. The younger girl turns back to her laptop and quickly shuts the device down with a few clicks of the mouse. She turns around and jumps into bed, pulling the blanket over the both of them when Irene has finally settled down on the bed.

Irene immediately wraps her arms around the younger girl's waist and nuzzles closer the girl's collarbone. She could feel how tired the girl was.

"You need to stop doing that" she mumbles, her hot breath tickling Wendy's neck.

"Doing what?" She looks down at the small girl bundled up in her arms. She misses this; being together cuddling in bed.

"Pushing yourself to the brink of exhaustion" Irene pulls away slight so she can look into the girl's eyes "Wannie, you constantly look like you're about to pass out" her brows furrow, worry painted on to her face.

Wendy can't help but smile at how attentive Irene is.

"You push yourself too much. Wannie, you look like a panda!" She continues to ramble on.

Wendy ignores the girl and gives her a light peck on the forehead, instantly shutting the girl’s mouth and causing a pink hue to subdue her face. She can’t help but giggle to herself when Irene pushes herself into the embrace, burying the face in the crook of Wendy’s neck desperately trying to hide the blush on her face.

“Why did you do that?” the older of the two says in a tiny voice.

“Because you’re really cute when you rant like that and I felt like kissing you” she whispers back to girl, hugging her tighter. Wendy could hear an audible huff from Irene. She decides to take a peek at the older girl and what she finds melted her inside out; Irene had her cheeks puffed, tiny pout playing on her lips.

“And here I was thinking I could invite you to bed and be the sweet one” she quietly whines to herself unaware of Wendy’s eyes and ears. She immediately wipes the expression off her face and looks up at Wendy.

“I think it’s about time we go to bed” she, again for the nth time scoots herself closer to Wendy, taking in as much body heat as possible.

Wendy hums in agreement and pulls the blanket up to Irene’s chin and closes her eyes, quickly sending herself into a peaceful slumber.

---

Epilogue

Irene patiently waits for Wendy outside of her test room. Irene’s faculty held their tests earlier on in the week so she’s already completed her exams, on the other hand, Wendy is going through her last day of tests, this one being the last one.

Irene takes another glance at her wristwatch. Wendy should be out any minute now. She leans back against the wall.

‘Why isn’t she-‘  her thought gets cut off when she hears the door creak open.

She turns to see Wendy walking out with bright, albeit tired, smile on her face. It’s been a week since Wendy’s exams began and with each day, she looks more and more like a panda, and it’s not in a good way.

Wendy notices Irene leaning against the wall and gives the girl a smile and thumbs up, exaggerating the action so she could look dorky and make the girl smile. And she successfully does so because not only does Irene laugh, but she starts bawling, grabbing on to her stomach.

Once Irene was finally able to catch her breath, she notices Wendy smiling at her and bright glint in her eyes.

“Don’t look at me like that” Irene giggles when she sees the pink hue spreading over Wendy’s face. She grabs Wendy’s arm and starts walking home, ignoring the looks people were giving them.

“How was the test?” the older of the two says as they step off campus, hand in hand.

“Much easier than expected”

“I told you, you didn’t have to study that hard. Wendy, you’re a genius when it comes to academics. There was no need for to study that hard in the first place. Not once in my life have I ever seen you get a bad grade” Irene starts ranting but Wendy knows very well that it was all out of worry.

The walk home was filled with Irene basically talking to herself while Wendy was staring at her with love struck eyes; angry, sad, happy, Irene just always seemed flawless to the blue haired girl.

Once they finally reach the dorm, Wendy quickly slips off her shoes and pins Irene to the wall.

“I need to relieve my stress” Wendy’s breath was tickling Irene’s neck and it’s driving her insane. “Mind helping me?” Irene could feel her breath hitch, it’s been a while since she’s seen dominant Wendy and to have her suddenly pop out randomly like this, Irene suddenly felt something pool at the bottom of her stomach.

She nods, suddenly feeling small and inferior despite having seniority over the girl that’s currently assaulting her neck with kisses.

“Prepare yourself, Hon. It’s going to be a long night” the night had only just begun but Irene could already feel her body trembling.

It was going to be a long night indeed.

______

Surprise

*rolls away*