Chapter 90 - A Short Break

I'm getting lazy lol

**********

-Scarlett POV-

"Are you going to ask about Papa?" I asked when I entered my room. To my horror, I found a packet of cigarette sitting on the table, and Sirius holding a bottle of red wine which I'm sure I had hidden properly. "I guess it's about me, then."

I locked the door, not wanting any of those three to barge in and see how much of a wreck I have become, and sat down on the bed, waiting for Sirius to start asking questions.

"When?" He finally asked, putting the bottle on the table. "When did you start?"

I rubbed my face, suddenly feeling tired. "Shortly after I started dating Draco, so around last year. No one knows. I didn't expect you to find them. I know it's not good for my health, but at this moment I couldn't care less."

Sirius sat down beside me. "I am very disappointed in you."

"Guess what, I'm disappointed with myself too." I then let out a bitter laugh and started ranting before I could stop myself. "You have no idea how stressful it is, serving him. She was killed right before my eyes, Professor Burbage. She pleaded, but I couldn't do anything. And then there's Dumbledore before her. It's amazing how Papa can still maintain his composure."

I covered my mouth and cussed mentally. I wasn't supposed to let anyone see this side of me. Well, anyone except Shadow. He knows practically everything, which can be irritating at times.

"Severus. What did you say about Severus?" Sirius gripped onto my arm, and I winced from the force.

"I-I can't say. Dumbledore made me swear, until the war's over. Sorry."

"Did he do it willingly?" Sirius refused to let go, and stared into my eyes. I paused for a second. This isn't directly related to Dumbledore's death, so it'll be fine to answer him, is it?

"Bella forced Papa to make an Unbreakable Vow to Narcissa - to aid Draco in his mission should he fail." Sirius let out a huge sigh of relief as he let go of my arm.

"That's good.. That's good.." He then poured himself a glass of whisky, ignoring my protests. "This isn't bad. I'm confiscating this."

"What?" I stared at him unbelievably as he took the bottle of red wine.

"My house, my rules." Sirius smirked, then left.

"I can't believe him.." I stuffed the packet of cigarettes hastily into my locket, scared that any of the trio might walk in. "I took that from the Phantomhive wine cellar, of course it's good."

A big red bird then walked in my room and squawked at me, rubbing his head against my legs.

"All right, Fawkes." I squatted down and petted his head. "I'm sorry for leaving you in a place like this. You miss the sky, don't you, buddy? Come on, let's get you some air."

Fawkes jumped onto my shoulder, cooing happily as I left the room. Suddenly, one of my legs felt heavy, and I looked down to see Sonia hugging it with all fours.

"Okay, I get it. You wanna go out too. Jeez." She jumped down and purred immediately. I then spotted Sirius in the hallway. "No, I'm not bringing you too. I already have a bird and a cat, I'm not bringing a dog."

"Aww, come on." Sirius leaned against the wall and smiled.

"You two are friends again?" Harry asked, surprised.

"Cleared up a misunderstanding just now. Speaking of which, would you three like to go too? I-We're going to the Forest of Dean. I've camped there before, and I find the place serene."