Really?

When we arrived at the hospital I swear I had a fist full of curly brown hair in my hands. I was first to get out to move out of there way. The man that had the brief conversation with me looked me in the eyes with worry before he proceeded to push Shell into the double automatic doors. I walked slowly behind them as it sunk in that I was wanted and in a bad way. It was sickening to me that men would do that to any female.

 Before I walked into the building two men officers stopped me. I smiled up at them politely and one of the grabbed me lightly by the arm and pulled me to the side. The one that grabbed me was in his early twenties: he had big green eyes that shined in the low light of the night, dark brown hair that flowed like water with his waves and tan skin. The other one had light gray eyes and he had milk chocolate skin with brown curly hair.

"Yes officers how may I help you?" I asked them looking down at the ground not wanting anyone to look me in the eye.

"Well," the one with the big green eyes said, " Your name miss would be helpful and your relationship with the victim would be nice to know." He smiled trying to lighten the mood when I looked up.

"Well my name is Diamond Meyers and Shelly Halts is my roommate going on three years now."

"Do you know what happen Diamond, did she tell anything, did you know who she was with if so what is that person relationship with you?" The milk chocolate skinned one asked me.

"I would, would never have any relationship with that man." I could only answer that, the others questions burned me to my core.

"So you do know who she was with?" Green eyes questions.

"Of course he goes to school with us and he isn't the only one that did it to her. I know this for a fact he called me about a six minutes ago. If you need my phone here it is I want him in jail." I handed green eyes the phone and walked away. I should have told him that I was going to be his next victim if they didn't acted fast, but what I wanted to do was see Shelly. I walked through the automatic doors that man walked through and I was greeted briefly and told Shelly's room number. The receptionist didn't hesitate to open the locked doors for me and let me in she saw on my face that I wasn't in the mood to be fucked with.

 I walked around the halls searching for the room when I saw a guy a little older than me staring into a window looking at new life while I was going to be trying to get over the fact that I might lose a friend. I watched him smile happily at his new found baby and then left when I couldn't bare anymore.

I found her room about ten minutes later and walked in quietly. Her body was covered in the blanket she laid in, so I couldn't witness anymore. She laid the limply. I slowly approached her making sure the last thing I saw was her eyes. I took in a deep breathe then looked and her eyes were open slightly the swelling not allowing them to fully open. I smiled at her warmly. "How's it going Shell?"

"Everything hurts Di." She moaned in agony. I was about to touch her to comfort her, but I was afraid I would cause her more pain. 

"Its going to be okay.." I tired to sound optimistic about the situation, but I knew it was a lie.

"No it isn't, I should have stayed home with you. This wouldn't have happen if I wasn't being such a whore." Tears were falling down her eyes and her breathing was unusual.

"Don't think like that... Shell can I ask who did this other than Carlos?" She looked at me like she didn't want to tell me names. "Please." I begged.

"Don't be mad just don't be mad, he didn't want to do it." I looked at her confused.

"Who didn't want to do it?"

"Lonni." She whispered and I became frozen. Lonni did this?Lonni hurt her? Lonni was the one that caused her pain? Lonni the one that I wanted did this to her? "Don't be mad." She whispered again.

"Don't be mad? The one I had been having a crush on for two years, my Lonni did this? What a bitch."

"He didn't want to Joshua made him do it..." her voice silenced and and the beeping on the heart machine went slower and then stopped.

"Shell? Shell?" I touched her arm and then called for help. "Help, I need help in here!"