part 4

"Y'know," Lauren starts as Camila turns the key in the ignition. "I'm sorry about ruining your night. I wasn't expecting to run into you. Or anyone for that matter." Lauren's eyebrows crinkles, as if she was thinking intently.

Camila snorts. "Lauren, honey, my night was going to be spent watching documentaries and grading papers. You haven't ruined anything." Camila answers with a sincere voice, even thought it was a lie, since Lauren actually seemed extremely apologetic.

Lauren scrunches up her nose. "Don't call me honey. Only old teachers call their students that. You're only like, a few years older than me."

Camila rolls her eyes while driving down the road. "What do you want me to call you, then?"

Lauren looks a little too smug. "Well-"

Whatever she was going to say was cut off when Camila swerves into another lane to avoid getting hit. "Hey! Fuck you, asshole!" She shouts as she flips off some guy in a minivan.

Camila's yelling distracts Lauren from the fact she bumped her head on the window. When Camila turns to check on Lauren, her eyes widen.

"Lauren, your head is bleeding! Oh my god, why aren't you wearing your seatbelt? I'm gonna get in so much trouble. Shit, I cursed in front of you, too. Fuck, I just did it again!" Camila loudly rambles out.

Lauren seemed unfazed by everything. She lifts her hand to the area where Camila stared, and when she felt her hand touch something wet, she pulled away and looked at it. "Oh, blood. Sick." Lauren shrugged and put on her seatbelt.

Camila kind of looks like she's about to have a heart attack.

Too much was happening. Camila took a breath, and opened the glove department to get a napkin for Lauren's head. "I'm sorry I don't have any bandages, just put this on your head, okay?" Lauren just nodded while taking the napkin from her.

"Lauren, did you smoke at that party? You're acting... very slow. And you smell a little." Camila wrinkles her nose at that last part.

Lauren tenses. "Uh, no. I loved the D.A.R.E. program." She says unconvincingly.

"Okay, sure. I promise I won't tell anyone, but I'm still a teacher. You really shouldn't smoke weed, or any other drugs. Was it your first time?"

"No..." Lauren mumbles as she looks down and plays with her fingers.

Camila sighs. "Please try to not do it anymore? It's a gateway drug and I wouldn't appreciate it if my favorite student got arrested." She finished, trying to be more jokingly for Lauren's sake.

"Alright, Ms. Cabello" Lauren says with a closed lipped smile.

"The only downside to being a teacher is being called 'Ms.' oh, and having to deal with badly behaved kids. You can call me Camila outside of class. I don't mind."

Lauren mentally fist bumps at that.

Or so, at least she thought she did it mentally.

Now, Camila's looking over at her with an amused face.

"I see you're still a bit loopy from the greens."

Lauren's face tilts to the side, kind of like a confused puppy.

"The weed, Lauren. Marijuana. Cannabis. Illegal smoking substance." Camila clarifies and Lauren throws her head back laughing.

Camila finally pulls into the drive way of an apartment complex, and hops out the car. Before Lauren can process what's going on, because she's still a little slow from being drunk and high, Camila's opening the car door for her.