Chapter 7: You Will Learn Regret

Kayla POV

Alec Morgan you will regret what you did.
~*~*
"Kayla," Kami says softly as she and the girls enter my room. I lay in my bed up on the loft as the call for me on the main floor of my room.
As they climb the stairs Karen speaks, "We have something for you."
I still lay with my head on the pillows and my face buried in them. Layla comes up and sits beside me as Kami fiddled with the TV, putting a DVD in. I still don't budge. Karen goes back down to use the bathroom. I still lay there. Not moving a muscle.
"Listen," Kami speaks,"we know you have your heart set on finding Lily. And you know that we love her, too. But we think it's time you let her go."
As I hear the words Kami speaks more tears stream from my eyes.
"And listen," Layla adds, "if you two were meant to be together, don't you thinks all these things wouldn't be happening."
"No." I say through the pillows, " I won't stop searching for her. We are meant to be."
"But Kayla," Layla says, " how many times have you two been pulled apart."
"And how many times have we come back together?" I question rising my head from the pillows. "You don't know what happened. It's all Alec's fault and since it is," I say my voice as serious as it could be, " I won't stop. I won't stop believing. I won't stop believing she's out there. And you all can if you want. But I know Alec did it on purpose. He wanted Lily out of the way. He hates her. He just wanted her gone. So I'm not going to let him win."
"Wait, What!" Layla shrieks as she hears what I say, "he's the reason she's gone."
"Yep. And he will regret it."
I hear my phone buzz as I say this. No doubt it's Alec. He keeps calling me but I won't answer. He's hurt me enough. I still look at it. This time it's from Joe. I bet it's still Alec though. He just wants me to answer the phone. I still do though.
K- "Hey, what do you want."
J(actually Alec)- "I didn't mean to hurt you."
Just as I thought. It's Alec. I hang up without another word. I won't speak to him. It's his fault and his fault only. My phone lights up with a text from him.
A- I don't want to lose you as a friend. Please forgive me!
K- Okay. I forgive you
A- Really!😮😮😮😮
K-Only if you get my Lily back.
~*~
A Mystery POV

If that girl wants this goat. She better hurry up. Or there will be no goat.
~*~*
Lily POV

I dart away from the property as fast as I can. I escaped. Only I have no clue where I'm heading. Or why I'm going there. But I must go east.
~*~*
Kayla POV

When I wake up this morning my heart feels like a piece has been put back together.
~*~*
Lily POV

I run away for fear those bad people are after me. I was at that place for a month and I finally escaped. I used the tricks Ivy taught me. I know this will be a long journey home. Where ever home is. I don't know who was there for me. But someone always protected me. I won't stop till I know I'm home. I wander through a city during the night. As I do I spot a big sign. I see a familiar face. But who is it. I can't remember. But why do I feel connected to her. Then I look beside her. It's me. That's why I'm so connected to this person. I'm with them. I read the sign.
KAYLA. A GIRL FROM KKLK IS LOOKING FOR THIS GOAT. IF YOU SEE IT THEN CALL THE POLICE. SHE REFUSES TO PREFORM WITHOUT THE GOAT. HER NAME IS LILY BY THE WAY.
Wait. I'm Lily? The goat in that picture. Then it hits me. Kayla. My North Star. I love her. She won't live without me? I can't stand it now. I run to the east knowing that's where I'm headed. But this could take a while. I run for what seams like forever, fearing that I might die. I won't stop till I have her. As I come to another city I spot another sign like the last one. But this one show something different.
KAYLA. A GIRL FROM KKLK IS FINALLY BACK BECAUSE LILY HAS BEEN RETURNED. SHE WAS FOUND BY HER FATHER ALONG THE STREETS OF THE TOWN SHE CALLS HOME.
But I'm Lily. I am the only Lily she loves. Maybe I'm not. I guess I was wrong. But there is still a drive to go east. So I do.
~*~*
Kayla POV

I stand in disbelief at my window.
"G-Girls," I stutter, "come down here."
They clamber down from my loft and join me at the window.
"Wait, is that...." Karen questions but I cut her off.
"Come on," I say as I start up the loft steps to my window. I open it and grab my shoes. I go down the slide and the girls follow.
"Dad," I say quietly to my father. He turns around and then I realize something. But I keep my mouth shut.
"We got her." He says.
I narrow my eyes, "no we didn't."
My dad gives a confused look. "Kayla, she right here!"
"No she's not. That is not Lily. Lily's face is exactly like Skittles. One side of white goes all the way to her horn and the other doesn't. You just want me to perform again. Admit it!"
"You know I wouldn't lie to you! This is Lily!"
"NO IT'S NOT! I KNOW LILY MORE THAN I KNOW MYSELF AND YOU THINK YOU CAN TRICK ME INTO BELIEVING SHE'S BACK?!!! NOT HAPPENING!!!"
I storm into the house and dart up the stairs. As I reach my room I slam the door and lock it. I climb to my loft and also lock the bay window. Then I collapse onto my bed and cry. Cry and do nothing but cry. I love Lily and nothing will change that. Without Lily I know nothing. I can't think straight, I can't sing, I'M COMPLETELY WORTHLESS! Without her I'm nothing. No big star nothing like that. And I tore down KKLK from making any music.
~*~*
Lily POV

Am I the Lily with Kayla? Maybe I was never with this Kayla girl. I glance up to another sign. Then someone comes over and starts putting something else on it. When they finish and walk away I read it.
KAYLA'S DAD LIED. LILY IS NOT BACK AND WE DON'T KNOW IF SHE WILL BE BACK! EVERYONE IS LOSING HOPE. BUT NOT KKLK. AND WE NOW KNOW ALEC MORGAN IS THE ONE WHO LET LILY BE STOLEN. IF YOU WISH YO BLAME SOMEONE, BLAME HIM!
So maybe I am that Lily! My faith is restored and I start to pick up my pace.
~*~*
I run for mer minutes when someone shouts something.
"Is that the Lily all over the billboards?" They shout. I stop and turn my head to them. Another voice comes out of the shadows.
"Not anymore!" I hear a gunshot and a second later a bullet pierces my shoulder. I run. The pain is to much, but I run for the fear of my life. About a minute later there are police cars everywhere. I still run east. They will pull me from Kayla. I won't let that happen. Lights are shown everywhere, but I still run. There's another gunshot and this time I'm hit at the top of my head. I'm so close to Kayla I can feel it. But, it's the middle of the night. And I can't see anything. But, then I see a familiar face come from a house.
"What the fuck is going on out here?" She says. Kami. And her sister follows.
"LILY!" She screams and runs toward me. I run toward her, too, knowing the guy is still out there. She pulls me into a hug and feels the blood on my head and shoulder. "Lily! You've been shot baby girl!" She says to me.
~*~*
Kami POV

I pull Lily into a hug only to realize there is blood on her head and shoulder. I examine her as best I can in the dim light. Only to find there is a bullet hole on her head as well as her shoulder. "Lily! You've been shot!" I exclaim to her. "Karen! Call Kayla!" I yell to my sister.
"Why should she? She'll just come back to a dead goat." A man sneers, coming out of the shadows. He's the man who tried to kidnap her a while ago. He holds up a gun to shoot Lily, but as he shoots, his gun is jerked up. "What the fuc-" he's cut off by someone kicking him in the back of the head. He falls to the ground. It's then, in the dim light I see-
~*~*
Lily POV
"Karen! Call Kayla!" Kami yells to her sister.
"Why should she? She'll just come back to a dead goat." A way to familiar voice comes through. I tense up. I feel him hold up the gun to shoot. So this is the end. The bullet fires, but never hits me. Or am I dead? "What the fuc-" the man curses before getting kicked in the head and falling to the ground. In the dim light I see-
~*~*
A/N
CLIFF HANGER!!!!
It's probably not who you think though.
Not saying anything.
U just gotta wait.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
This is my longest part!!
1670 words!!
Also, if your wondering, Lily's trip took 6 months!
~Weird Unicorn