3

Chapter 3

"Thank you, for helping me get this little man back!" I sighed, patting Rizzo's head as the man just laughed softly. 

"Anytime!" He smiled. "I'm Kris by the way, Kris Bryant!" He stuck his hand out. 

"Lucas Martirano!" I shook his head before sticking my hand into the pocket of my grey Nike sweatpants, looking for the key to my brother's apartment. Just as I found the key, the door busted open and my mother was standing there shaking her head. 

"LUCAS ALEXANDRA MARTIRANO! MIO DIO! Pensavo fossi morto! Perché non hai prendere il telefono?!" She rushed Kris, Rizzo, and me inside. 

"English please..." I sighed, dropping my keys on the table by the door and my mom smacked the back of my head. "What?!" I yelled, looking back at her. 

"I know you understand me Lucas!" She screamed and I shook my head. 

"NON LO SO!" I looked into my mothers cold stare and she shook her head. 

"Mia figlia idiota. Why did you not answer your iPhone?" She pointed at my pocket and I shook my head. 

"It broke.. I dropped it running after Rizzo." I sighed taking the dog from Kris. My mom shook her head before hurrying back to the kitchen muttering things in Italian. "Sorry bout that!" I sighed, taking the leash off of Rizzo. 

"It's fine!" Kris laughed. "Here's my number. Call me whenever you're interested in that friend of mine!" He smiled softly and I nodded, placing the paper on the table under my keys. 

"I will definitely take you up on that!" I giggled. "Hopefully I'll see you around and I guess I'll talk to you later!" I gulped, smiling softly. 

"You can bet on it!" He chuckled. "Bye Lucas!" He smiled, showing himself out. 

"Bye!" I chirped as he walked out, leaving me and my angry Italian mother. 

"What did you tell Johnny about my arm?" I hissed and my mom picked up her head looking at me. 

"I told her you hurt your shoulder moving into your new apartment and that you had to get surgery so your boss sent you on a 3 month leave." She gulped and I nodded. 

"Thank you.." I mumbled and she nodded. 

"It's better that Johnny just doesn't know somethings... Like what you do for a living..." She looked at me in disappointment. 

"Mom-" 

"I know Lucas, it's to protect him. But don't you think he can protect himself? He grew up protecting you..." She sighed and I nodded. 

"So it's my turn to protect him..."