Chapter 1

Panicking, I fidgeted and flipped through the expired magazine in the Lobby of The Grand Hotel, Los Angeles. The humid Californian air clung to my skin almost as tight as the ridiculous pencil skirt, cream blouse and blazer I had on that I'd had to borrow off of Mikayla. However due to her being a good foot taller than my pitiful 5' feet, the skirt that's more like a belt on my roommate came down way past my knees and helped me give off a nun vibe. It was the only option though, considering I had nothing even close to being suitable for an interview this prestigious.

       Sighing, I'd read through this magazine for the fourth time now, I looked up and glanced around the lobby. It was calmly busy for a hotel on a hot afternoon in September in California and (guessing from the outfits they wore and how nervous they looked) I could count another 2 people waiting for their interview. When I had first arrived I had for a brief moment wondered if I had the correct Grand Hotel, since I was shocked by how little amount people had turned up for the opportunity; there were 6 including me. However thinking it through, i realised a job under these circumstances probably wouldn't be advertised in the newspaper or online for security issues. I mean, i had only heard through my Mom.

       Three young women had already been interviewed since I had been here. One had ran back out only seconds after having entered (crying), the other lady had stormed out swearing angrily. The last lady had been carried out by a big man after having fainted. You can understand why I was a little nervous now.

My official interview slot was at 2:15 and I felt my forehead moisten as I checked my watch and found it to be 2:11. Oh crap.

The man opposite me in a snug fitting black and white suit coughed and adjusted his thick square glasses. He looked to be in his 40's due to the thinning of his hair on top and the bulging belly he hid behind his brief case. His large bug eyes nervously flitted around the room until they landed on me and I awkwardly looked at my shoes. They were nude 4 inch heels I had also borrowed from Makayla's closet. The room was filled with tension. I almost would have preferred to be having the interview than wait out in the lobby with 2 other eager people competing against me.

"Florence Hill," I startled, my wide eyes jumping to the beautiful intimidating Blonde when she called out my name. Quickly I pulled out my warm welcoming smile and bit back the nerves as I stood up, dropped the magazine onto my chair and walked confidently over to her.

Just stay calm, you've got this, sweetie. Be confident. My mother's final words of advice to me on the phone half an hour ago floated through my head as I smoothed out my skirt.

"Hi, I'm Jessica Lee," she said offering me an enthusiastic smile and delicate hand shake. "I already work at the Gonzalez residence and I'll be assisting the interview. Please follow me,"

Swiftly she led me through the lobby to the bank of glass elevators on the left, sending me reassuring yet professional smiles the entire silent ride up to the 7th floor, before leading me to room 135 on the left. She swiped in a key card before entering a 6 digit code and the door finally opened. I muttered a thanks as the door was held open for me, but I was too astounded by the lavish decorating of the beautiful suite.

The door lead out into the open living room where two modern white sofas were positioned opposite one another and a sleek glass coffee table stood in between. A gorgeous beige rug covered the middle of the hard wooden floor and matching beige pillows were scattered in faux casualness across the sofas. Tall green plants were dotted around the room and in the arch ways that led off to hallways where I could only presume there was more beauty. It was the view that made me catch my breath though, the tall open windows that lined the walls and gave a astounding view of the Californian summer.