Chapter 4

"Mum you never told me about all the Benefits of working for the Gonzalez's?" I said in disbelief down the phone as I walked around my room. After Jessie left me in the garage I had found my way back to the entrance (somehow) and managed to make it to my room.

I had followed Jessie's instructions to my room and only after having walked in on about 7 bedrooms that weren't mind, I finally found the room with my old ratty suitcases and boxes. Honestly I don't care about the condition of my suitcases or having the coolest belongings, but having them in this elaborate room I couldn't deny how out of place they were. I felt just as out of place as well though. My mum laughed down the phone.

It was Beautiful. Hard wooden oak flooring with calming cream walls and a enormous king sized bed with soft plush white pillows and beddings sat in the middle of the room with the headrest against the wall. Either side were two white wooden bed side tables with lamps and empty frames and notepads on both. The soft rug underneath the bed felt divine in between my toes and I did a double take when I saw myself in the square mirror hung opposite the bed above a a desk of wooden drawers. The room felt light and airy and almost too perfect to touch. I walked around and checked out the other features like the ensuite bathroom and the French doors leading the balcony and although it was amazing, I couldn't help but realise I did not belong here.

"I know there are some great perks, but I never told you the full extent sweetie because you are my child. I didn't want to think about money and adult things until you had too. Letting you know how heavily I relied on this job would only cause you worry and I didn't want that, I wanted you to be a child for as long as you could," I smiled lovingly and blinked back the tears at what an amazing mum I had. Of course I always knew we struggled, especially in England but she was right, I never knew to what extent and I always got to be a kid. It was a privilege she had rewarded me that I would never be able to repay her for.

"Well mum it's not like that anymore, okay? I don't need protecting, You can always talk to me." I said, I couldn't repay her for it but I could always try. The Clock on the desk of drawers startled me and I gasped as it dimmed 6'oclock already. "Shoot. I have to go mum, sorry, it's dinner time. Love you."

"it's alright, sweetheart. I love you too, bye." Mum said kindly before I said goodbye and hung up. After coming upstairs earlier I had unpacked all my boxes and put my clothes into the wardrobe. Then I had taken a nice relaxing bath in the awesome bath tub then gotten dressed. Realising I didn't want to make my first impression to my colleagues in my 'moving clothes' (old sweat pants and t-shirt.) I had slipped on a casual yet cute dress I loved. It was long sleeved flowing dress that went down to just above my knees and it was a dark blue. Not only did it look nice it was incredibly comfy.

Slipping on some dark blue ballet pumps I headed down stairs and followed the sound of chattering to get to my final destination. I entered a large dining room with big round table in the middle of it. The table was full of different types of people of all ages and descents and I smiled at how happy everyone seemed, smiling as they passed the bread.

"Flo!" Jessie grinned as she saw me, she stood up and made her way towards me. She was wearing a beautiful knitted jumper and black jeans, she looked amazing. "I'm so glad you decided to join us, come sit by me. I can introduce you to everyone."

"Thank you, that'd be great." I smiled appreciative I had someone to sit by. I squeezed in next to her and stared in wonder at all the food. The entire table had dishes covering its every surface and I doubted I would be able to reach the middle. It looked like the main course was three different types of Lasagne. Thank god.