Chapter 18

Welcome to the FBI - Divergent

FOUR POV

Wow. Tris is tough. "We've suspected there's been a mole in that unit of the FBI for a long time. We had narrowed it down to two people. Tim being one of them. So I sent Tris in, without her knowing, to discover if he was the leak" Maria is cut off by Uriah. "She could have been killed, could you have at least told her that you suspected he was a traitor?".

"Tris can handle herself. The video you've just been shown proves that. Anyway. We now have a new case. The other FBI unit is taking over the Blye case. Our new case, Al" Maria says. "Russian sleeper agents have been connected to a neighbourhood in Los Angeles, the neighbourhood of Vune" Al tells us.

"Wait sleeper agents?" Tris asks. "Russian agents who smuggled bombs into America and kept them hidden to set them off at a later date. Luckily, no one has yet" I tell her, her mouth shapes an o and Al continues. "We have intel that there are 2 sleeper agents in the neighbourhood. They may be living together or they may be separate, that's what we don't know". Zeke looks at Maria.

"So what are we gonna do?" Zeke asks her. "There is a house owned by a friend of mine. I convinced them to take a 3 week holiday. Tris and Four will be going undercover as a married couple and will get into the circle of friends while You and Uriah will be here feeding them any information you can on the people who live in the neighbourhood" Maria answers.

"Four. Tris. A word in my office" Maria says signalling for us to follow her. Uh oh.

TRIS POV

Me and Four. Undercover as a married couple? Seriously. We both take a seat in Maria's office. She starts telling us about the objective and what needs to happen. But she can tell, neither of us are really paying attention. It's simple really, become besties with these people, discover character traits.

She dismisses us but calls me back five minutes later. "Tris I almost forgot, this is your ring" I stare at it. "does the FBI have a budget for this sorta thing?" I ask her. She just nods. It's beautiful and massive. "Also Maria, do these bombs hidden by the sleeper agents have a radioactive signature?" She again nods.

"Can they be detected with a radioactive detector?". She once again, nods. "Do you have a radioactive detector small enough to fit in someone's pocket?" I ask. With a small smile creeping on my face. "Why?" Maria questions. "Well I'll go for a run and I'll run up and down both sides of the street. I'll put the detector in my pocket" I tell her.

"How do we know that won't be the first place they will look?" She asks. I stifle a laugh. "I run in a sports bra and shorts. Trust me. I'll distract them" I say. She just smiles and hands me what I presume is a detector. "Just press the button to stop and start" she hands it to me smiling. I take both the ring box and the detector. I put the ring on my ring finger and put the detector in my pocket.

I empty my bag. Only leaving my makeup bag and hairbrush in there. I shove my FBI badge and ID in my draw and grab the box I keep for my locket. I take off my locket carefully and put it in the box, as if I am afraid it will break. I put my body concealer on and then put it in my bag. I change all the cards out of my wallet from Hope Williams to Olivia Jay.

I sit down and wait for Four to get ready. We will have to stop by our apartments and pack. Our story is that we are a newly married couple house sitting for our uncle. I take the box that holds my locket and open it. I stare at it. I notice something for the first time. Something that looks like paper underneath the support for the necklace.

I take out the necklace and the support. It's a little package and a little note. The note says

Beatrice,

This was your mothers. She decided she wanted to give it to you but we know we aren't gonna make it through the week. We are just gonna sit here, waiting to die. Remember Beatrice, I love you. Maybe one day we will see each other again. My home is wherever you are baby girl.

- Dad

I start tearing up. I open the package. It's my mothers wedding ring. I tear up even more. I put the ring back in the box along with the note, then out the necklace support with the necklace on top. I close the lid and put it back in my draw. By this time, Four is back. "Ready to go?" He asks. I grab my cross shoulder bag. "Yeah" I say.

We take his car and it turns out, he lives in the same apartment block as me. Who knew. I go to my room and grab the bag that I brought with me to Los Angeles from Chicago. It's actually quite big. I stuff in all my jeans, my shirts, some underwear, some bras, some socks, a dress that I didn't remember I had, and my sports bra and sports shorts. I grab my boots, sneakers and high heels.

I make sure to take one decent outfit because we may be invited out for dinner. Just when I finish, I get a knock on the door. It's Four. "You ready to go?" He says. I nod and grab my bag. He stares at my bag. "What?" I hiss. "That's seriously all you take. Most girls take like two whole suitcases" he tells me. "Well I'm not like most girls. Four you should know that by now" I remind him.

_____________________^-^_____________________

Before you go all OMG THEY ARE GETTING TOGETHER ALREADY WHAT IS THIS?

They aren't.... They are going undercover. That's all. He just likes her. But is slowly falling for her.

Btw I made up a random neighbourhood. Also, the type of neighbourhood I'm talking about are ones that have gates and are super rich.

Plot TWISTS.

Sorry this one is kinda short

Instagram: @arenaofinitiates

Ps. Thank you for all your comments of support. I really appreciate them! It means the world that I can make someone happy with them reading my fanfiction.