Chapter Twenty-Eight

TP's POV

   "Ready to go?"

   Len held Kaito's hand and smiled.

   "Yes. I'm happy I can finally go home." He said.

   Kaito kissed his hand and lead him out to his car. They spoke most of the drive about the recent events. Len kept asking how everyone was doing. Kaito answered truthfully each time. Then Len asked one more question:

   "What about Rin... is she doing ok?"

   Kaito put on a dull face and cleared his throat.

   "Len... you need to know something... about the accident..."

   Len raised an eyebrow.

   "What is it...?"

   Kaito glanced at him then put his eyes on the road again before pulling the car over to a stop.

    "It wasn't an accident. The person in the car was intentionally trying to kill me..." Kaito saw his lover's eyes slowly going wide, "And... it was Rin in the car... she wanted to kill me because of my love for you..."

   Len was silent for a minute. Then gritted his teeth.

   "What... n-no... that can't be right... Rin... no she couldn't have really...! Are you serious...?"

   Kaito nodded lightly.

   "As soon as she realized she hit you she stopped the car and got out. The authorities were holding on to her the past three days. They thought she was bugged or something. She should be home now though, so you can talk to her—"

   Len made a frustrated face and brought a hand down on his seat, cutting Kaito off.

   "NO!! Why would I! She really was mad about our love! She really thinks you're a Yandere! She went as far as trying to kill you! I can't believe her! How could she do this?!"

   "Baby, calm down... don't stress yourself..." Kaito said.

   "How can I?! My own sister wanted to destroy my happiness! I... I can never forgive her for this...!"

   Len rubbed his eyes starting to sob quietly to himself. Kaito didn't say anything. Then he opened the car door..

   "Come on..." He said.

   Len looked up when he saw Kaito getting out.

   "What? Where are we...?"

   Len noticed the were at a small park by the forest close by to their house.

   Len got out and rushed over to Kaito. The older man held his hand and started walking down the trail through the forest.

   "Where are we going?" Len asked.

   Kaito didn't say anything. He held tighter to Len's hand and walked a little faster. Kaito then stopped and looked at him with a soft look.

    "We're here."

   Len looked forward and an amazed look grew on his face. An ocean view stood in front of him with the most beautiful night sky.

   "Kaito

   "Kaito... I've never seen the ocean from a view like this before..."

   The older male hugged him from behind and nuzzled his hair.

   "Things haven't been going so well lately... I want you to be happy, baby..." He said.

   Len smiled and leaned in Kaito's embrace.

   "That's so sweet of you... you're such a good boyfriend..." Len said shyly.

   Kaito suddenly held tighter.

   "Well... speaking of that..." He leaned by his ear, "After all of this... I realize I really want you to know how much I love you... I mean, I could've lost you... I can't live without you..."

   Len glanced back at him.

   "What are you trying to say?"

   Kaito held up his hand, moonlight glinting off his ring.

   "You know... I really like this ring..." Kaito then held up Len's hand and slipped on a golden ring with three pink hearts, "But it's better if my lover has one too..."

   Len's eyes slowly went wide then he looked back at Kaito

   "Kaito-Nii...?"

   The bluenette smiled at his lover.

   "I want us to always be together. Not just as lovers... I want so much more..." He smiled and held Len's hand, intertwining their fingers, "What do you say, baby?"

   Len started to cry happy tears and smiled bright.

   "Yes... I'll marry you..."