Nine

We ended up back and New York and I thought it was the perfect time to start the song.

Inspiration. Inspiration. Inspiration.

Surprisingly the only thing came to me was Normani.

"If you couldn't tell baby my smile has been new"

That was actually true I've smiled more in the past two weeks knowing Normani.

I'll write this song about Normani! It's not like she'll know..

*****
"Bitch this about Normani!" Dinah gasped holding my song book. While I talked over the beat with Chris .

"You think she will be able to tell" I got worried. "Well hopefully not" Dinah handed me the song book. "You should ask her.." Dinah pointed to the door.

There was Normani , it feels like it's been forever without her..in reality.. it's only been two days . "Hey" I held my hand up while she walked over to me.

"So it looks like you finally got this song done" Normani smirked. "Yeah.." I shrugged. ...fuck I'm doing it again. Her smile slowly faded away

"I'm just gonna sit..." Normani walked to the couch. Dinah gave me a 'what the fuck look'.

I just shrugged it off and went into the booth.

"In my head every time I take a step it's on the clouds
Feeling like a whole lot of power and I don't need a crown
Cause you know the royals you never get to fall in love anyways
And if you couldn't tell I'm falling even more everyday"

I glanced at Normani, Chris gave me a thumbs up.

"And every time you kiss me I hear a song
When you look at me it's like nothing's ever wrong
Maybe I'm bad for living in the fantasy
One where you're almost as in love with me"

It's not like Normani can love me..Camila didn't.. I felt my heart race then begin to ache.

"As I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, with you
Yeah yeah yeah yeah, baby baby
As I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, I am, with you"

I felt my throat start to hurt. The only thoughts were Normani then Camila. What if Normani hurts me the way she did? She most likely will.

"If I gave you the chance to hold my soul would you just feel me, see the real me?
Cause I love that if you do"

"I would owe all my happiness to you"

Now I needed air. I took off my headphones and ran out the booth. "Lauren!" I heard Normani trail behind me.

I didn't know why she came in my mind while singing that. No matter what I do it's like she's always there waiting for me to fuck up.

I sat in the stairwell and tried to catch my breathe, I put my head down and sighed deeply. "Lauren.." I heard Normani open the door behind me. "Yeah.. sorry about that I was feeling kinda claustrophobic" I lied. "It's okay baby...if you want I won't stop by" She sat next to me. "No I like it when you stop by, you're my inspiration" I smiled, looking at her.