Nine Snowflakes

TWL

Yesterday was so awkward, for myself, most likely nerve wrecking for Harry though. Because to my delight, I did admire what I saw. Though, it's nearly two in the afternoon and he hasn't left the bedroom yet.

Meanwhile for I, I've been talking to my former best mate throughout my school years, Eleanor. She came from UK all the the way to California so I was rather thrilled and so glad she could come by.

We've actually spoken about a few things that have been daunting my mind lately. My crush for someone eight years younger than I.

For neither of our awkwardness, I slowly knock on the door, recollecting myself for a few seconds before going in. I see Harry with the sheets draped on his waist as he looks at his phone screen propped against a pillow, "Few more days."

"Harry do you want lunch? Or maybe to also talk about what happened earlier?" I assure him, coming in and taking a seat at the edge of the bed.

"I know babe, I love you too." With that Harry puts down his phone and faces me. I mentally cringe at his words to whomever his babe could be that he was talking to.

Harry does a dramatic sigh, "Sorry for doing you know what, under your roof. Especially on your sister's bed. I could wash the sheets."

"Yeah it's okay. Boys have to take care of whatever they need to. But, did you record yourself? Because I have a few tips and words of wisdom for doing things like that. I was in high school my age and it isn't safe─"

"Lou, my mom made me watch enough movies about the dangers of sexting." He lets out a chuckle, making my cold heart flutter, "Was actually facetiming my boyfriend."

"Uh, boyfriend?" I confirm, not appreciating the way that word slipped out his lips so smoothly. "Well, not boyfriend. The ex. But I mean, we talked all night. I haven't slept yet. And I want to fix things."

"Harry, no. He's no good!" I scold him, a true perspective of my opinion, meanwhile Harry snickers, his voice a little too dramatic for my liking, "Can't tell me what to do."

"Fine, Harry. Come to lunch will you? You've been quite distant and I would appreciate if you gather yourself and attend lunch with our guest." I tell him and I don't miss the way he mumbles, "I use to be a guest."

"You are. Do you have a problem with Eleanor or something? Look, she's from the UK, like me. An old friend visiting. What is wrong with her staying?" I ask Harry, wary of his sudden demeanor and snappiness, he's usually so sincere and sweet.

Harry makes a harsh huff, crossing his arms, "I use to be your guest. I use to have all your attention. I just want you to play scrabble with me and have you make me some tea even though I hate it. I just want to lay with you."

In his words, I barely process the fact that I truly have been distant with Harry. It was only one day, however, I suppose I notice that yesterday I didn't say goodnight like I would. This morning he didn't make breakfast as he would.

"So are you just really attached to a common schedule or are you jealous?" I truly didn't mean those words, but they came out. It's possible that, it's how I felt during his whole explanation.

"Maybe a little of both. Now let's go to eat lunch, ugh. You're so annoying." Harry murmurs and races down the stairs, loud tromps making it obvious that he's still upset.

I don't call him out on anything, simply letting him prance off. When I get downstairs, I see Eleanor and Harry looking eye to eye. Harry obviously irritated as Eleanor tried to offer him some lunch subways, which he declines.

"Hey, Lou. I think I should visit some other friends now. Harry needs your company. Whether he knows it or not, he really likes you." Eleanor whispers and closes the small space in between us with a hug. "You two really need me to whoosh away!"

"Love you, Lou! Bye. Nice meeting you Harry! I'm sure I'll see you in the future more often." Eleanor exists the door with one last wave to me, my smile falters when a scoff escapes Harry's lips.

I look over to him with furrowed eyebrows, "So? She's gone. You have all my attention. Feel better now, Harry?" I attempt to sound aggravated but only manage a light chuckle with my statement.

"Ecstatic! Now Niall reminded me that I have some homework, so if you could, would you like to help me?" Harry races up the stairs and within seconds he's already back downstairs throwing papers and pens onto the dining table where his sand which is still available for him to eat.

I take a seat aside Harry, as if what we've just dealt with never happened. "So I'm awful at understanding tragedies. Just love stories and drama in general. Do you think you can help."

I take Harry's packet into my possession, reading some of the lines from the most famous books and plays, none of them making sense to me either. "How about we look them up online?"

"Right. Feelings are hard to understand. And yet, they make stories about it which still makes no sense." Harry sighs, taking his phone out and beginning to look up the famous lines in context.

Between the time of Harry analyzing his work, I read my book. Every now and then, my eyes avert themselves to the younger boy that I felt myself falling for.

awful rushed chapter

that I didn't like at all

This book was starting off awfully good until I had the intentions to publish it before January 1st, now I just hate myself.

If I took my time, I promise this book could of been so much better. Maybe I'll edit and rewrite a ton in the future.

written

12/28

published

12/29