Coming Clean

A/N: Non-Despair AU - I really don't know if this is a one-short or what. It's long.

Have a better title idea for this? Please tell me, because I'm looking for one that's better. I'm not so confident this one fits the story.

Also, why are you so complicated to write, Togami? You're my favorite, dammit. (That being said, it may be OOC. I tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

- - - - - -

"Congratulations, Miss YN LN.

We're pleased to inform you that you have been hand selected by Byakuya Togami, head of the Togami Corporation, for the opportunity of bearing the next heir to carry the elite family name.

Please fill out and bring the form on the back of this letter, along with a copy of the the following medical screenings and your driver's license to the following address on the specified date and time if you wish to accept."

It was such a generic letter for something so...serious. She could tell they ran it through a program that automatically replaced the name and printed the letters with a touch of a button.

It wasn't personable at all. It went straight to business.

"But, then, again, he was always like that..." She smiled at that thought.

YN LN, the former Ultimate Business Leader, sat in her car with the letter in her shaky hands.

She looked at her watch.

"Fifteen minutes left." She took a deep breath to try to calm down, but it was no use.

She was personally selected as one of the young women that will produce an heir for Byakuya Togami.

Her nerves were going haywire in her stomach. She hadn't been able to eat since she received the letter, and she was ignoring his phone calls.

It's even affected her concentration when she's trying to manage her businesses.

She straightened up in her seat, looking out at Byakuya Togami's expansive driveway.

It was evening now. The downpour had stopped about an hour ago, and the dark pavement was still drenched.

It reflected the pinks, reds and blues of the sky, and the sunset was shining through the cracks of the dark clouds that were dispersing. The warm streaks of light made the green landscape more vibrant and lush.

There were other cars, far more extravagant than her own, parked in a line outside the entrance, so she had pulled around the loop end of the driveway, around the marble fountain in the middle, when she arrived.

Her car was facing back towards the exit in case she needed to make a quick getaway...

Then, her mind wondered to Byakuya Togami.

She hadn't seen him since they had a brief relationship at Hope's Peak.

It was a relationship that had its flaws, and they were both inexperienced. He was very reserved. She couldn't get him to open up to her or relax his arrogant attitude. He never liked to hang out with "their" friends, and prefered to be alone.

But, when it was just the two of them, and there was no work or friends to cause distractions, she felt as though they didn't even need words. It was in the way he stared at her as if she was the most interesting thing in the world. It gave her goosebumps. There was a longing and...something else in his eyes. She wondered if it was love.