chapter. 12

Imma just put up pictures of Eren that are basically been/being "taken" so, if you were wondering what the pics looked/looks like, then there yah go!
Also, I do not own the pictures. Credit to original artist.
-------------------------
Erens PoV-- (three months later)

I stared at the older women. She was laying down on a hospital bed, her blonde hair plastered to her sweaty forehead. I kept my face blank as she slept, not bothering to speak, the dead silence meant to stay still.

It was Kam's mother.

She had fallen ill just days after our first meeting. Being taken to different hospitals for treatment, though, she never got better. I felt empty, for Kam to face life without a sweet figure to guide him. I clenched my teeth. He could be smiling and laughing the time away, not even knowing his mother is on the verge of permanent sleep.

I drived over six hours to come and see her again, Kam being looked after by Armin and Hanji. I couldn't bring him with me, just to watch his eyes glow with confusion and no understanding of death.

I didn't have it in me to see another child break.

Sighing, I listened to the slow beeping from the heart monitor. It's thumps much slower than usual. I reaches my hand out, and gently pushed her hair off her face, only to stick out like spikes. It honestly hurt to see this. This is something that Kam does not deserve.
I wanted him to keep the light in his beautiful eyes.

---time skip ----

It was 2:23pm when I finally arrived back in town. I went to a near-by flowershop and got a bundle of different flowers. For Kam.

Pushing open my front door, warm air attacked me. Sighing in relief, I quickly but silently closed the door and hung up my soaked Coat. I glanced down and saw three different pairs of shoes. I already knew who they belonged to so I didn't stress myself thinking about it.
Low music echoed in the dark room, coming from the large T.V set up against the back wall.

Creeping into the room and stepping over a snoring body to turn it off, I heard a small whimper come from the direction of the couch. I pushed the 'mute' button on the T.V and place the flowers on the stand before looking over at the couch.

I smiled slighty from the view.

It was Kam, wrapped up in the green scarf I gave him almost twelve months ago, and was cuddling against a man I recognized once my eyes were set upon his delicate face.

Levi.

I took a step towards the sleeping two, wondering who made the whining noise. I suddenly realized that they didn't have a blanket and the said two were shivering.

Shaking my head, I went to my room and pulled the Heavy comforter off my bed and dragged it out, careful on not letting it touch the cold floor.

I stepped over the body again and stopped in front of Kam and levi.
Softly, I placed the black blanket over them both and tucked it in the cracks.
I reached down the Levis feet to make sure it covered all of them before I saw Levi still had his shoes on.

So that's why I didn't know he was here. I glanced down at the floor and check who the figure was.
It was Hanji, not suprised. I looked around for Armin, my eyes darting over the room skillfully.
Armin was on the other couch, he looked like a burrito all tangled up in one of my jackets.
They didn't have their shoes on.
It explained the three shoes in the hall.
So why were Levis on?

Shrugging, I sat down my the floor. My head rolled back, resting on Levis ankle. It wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't uncomfortable either.

I let my thoughts flow as I sat there, tuning out Hanji's weirdly loud snoring.
Since when did Levi become a social person? I don't understand. He never really liked to talk, only when needed and for his lines.

I leaned my head to the side and watched Levi breathe softly.

He's so strange.

My tires eyes struggled lightly for I let them close.

------------------------

I hate myself, it's okay, you can kill me. This is so short. Anyways, in case you don't understand; Kam's mother is in the hospital cuz she's sick. Levi was invited over to help cook since Hanji was yelling and Armin was watching Kam to make sure he didn't get hurt or something.

Mk, gotta go, see yah next time on this pathetic story