Step 1 to Redemption

I've been wondering. . .

How will it be if I'll go home after five years of being away?

After three canceled vacations. Two failed resignation and several attempts of delaying-relating excuses.

Now, I finally got a ticket confirmation, an extra luggage and chair number arrangement. An itinerary for a week vacation in one of the world's newest addition to its wonders ( "wonders"that long been existing and human were trying to re-discover it by actually exploiting it). Yeah conservative, guilty as charged.

Back to the topic...

A vacation specially and personally settled by my award winning photographer of a Boss.

"Mike, I had things ready in Palawan. I know you'll enjoy the place. And of course, my dearest Tobi."

"Thats thoughtful of you. Thank you Ara. They'll sure love it."

"Ara, Mike can't bring all this." The Chairman slamming the door and throwing his coat in the couch. He just arrived from work, he haven't even said "Hi" to anyone, less took a breath from the obvious run he made from work. "I'll settle a cargo to bring all this. She'll be a humpback dolphin when she reached Philippines. "

It made me crack a laugh. That obviously made Ara raise an eyebrow. Her don't-leave-me-hanging look. The appeal to conscience talent she practice-perfectly have.  Though I know Eubert has a point. Like Ara bought the entire supermarket. Tons of chocolates and cloths. Things I can surely find in the Philippines.

"You're exaggerating Eubert. Mike got two 26 kg luggages and a 15kg hand carry. It'll be fine."

"Yeah, but it will be better if we'll just send it through FedEx. You will even have the freedom to buy more if you want."

"Brake there. What buy more? I have more than enough.  And please you don't have to argue about that. By the way, thank you Ara for fixing this vacation. I really appreciate all your efforts.  About the bags, please don't buy more. Really." I'm grateful of how nice Ara is, buying all the possible "pasalubong" for my family. Pero sobra naman sa dami. Baka nga maiwan ko lang sa airport ang iba kasi sobra sa kilo. "And Eubert, I can do it. I won't be carrying the bags from here. I mean the right amount of things. I can manage them. And there are carts in the airport. Just so you know."

"Right Mike! Like you said it right.  But  on the other hand, you're also right Dad. Mike can bring this then I'll check a door to door delivery. For .."

"For what?" Eubert and me doing a chorus, cutting her off.

"Hello, I saw a beautiful set of utensils and baking things. It will be perfect for your new kitchen Mike."she happily showed us today's publication of Casa magazine. She opened it turn the page while saying " this hand mixer's color matches the wall, and oh; have you seen this Mike? Look" held the magazine towards us showing a beautiful set of dough cutter. "This will be perfect."

Eubert and I just stared at each other and slowly walk out of my room. Slowly walking backwards. The slowest possible we can. Tiptoe-ng so Ara won't notice we're moving away from her.

"I think we better save ourselves. And your kitchen Mike." Eubert whispering and slowly tagging my hand.

"Where do you think you're going?" eyebrows up. We got caught by the Hawk.

Caught retiring, I answered Ara with my all time ready alibi. "Ah. Um... I... I will just go and check the kids... Bye Ara."

"Eubert!" the usual left-alone-shout-no-choice reaction of Ara whenever we try to get away from her.

"I'm going with Mike. "

Then that count down to freedom.

1

2

3

"Run Mike... save your life!!" my boss tagging me along. Saving me from the shoppaholic photographer.

And we started running out of my room. Then, out of my unit and into the elevator going to the penthouse to check the kids.

Yes, I guess this time I'm really going home. For real!