The Difference

Having been booked by Eubert means siting, eating, and waiting every single moment with this gorgeous Neurologist. A-five hour stop in Auckland flew like seconds. Conversations, shopping, and picture taking. It's like I'm travelling with Eugene and Eunice. Fun, clever and sweet; yes --- he is undoubtedly sweet. An intelligent well-traveled company.

We talked about he's work and family. How I started as the twins tutor to being an all-around assistant, Aunt to the twins and an instant sister to Ara and Eubert.

Our likes and things we'll find ourselves doing if not being where we were right now.

"Dylan, you don't have to walk me to the immigration." You read it right, first name basis. That long flight and wait made us a little comfortable with each other.

"It's fine Mike. I want to make sure you'll be properly entertained" he seriously  insisted.

I looked at him with curiosity. How could he say that. Who is he? An airport police?

"Those eyes. " I step back when his hand touched my eyebrows. "Relax, I won't make any embarrassing act. I just want to see you get through the immigration. I'll go as soon as you're ready."

"I'll be fine. I've been doing this for the last seven years." I know every airport's protocol. Eubert always finds time to inform us about the do's and don't of the county we're travelling. Hongkong isn't new to me.

"I know you do."

I was trying to convince him to leave when a Chinese airport officer approached us. He was bubbling Chinese words with Dylan. And I was no longer surprised when the Doctor answered him with his expertise of the Chinese language.

I didn't understand any word. I won't learn any trivia if I'll keep listening. So I decided to fall in line and proceed with my flight. I still have another immigration to go through before I'll reach the surface of Philippines.

When I turned  to look at him. He was with another Chinese and a blond tall girl. I gave him a smile when he looked at me. He was bubbling something to the people around him while looking at me with a sad eye. They must be from the hospital he's in contact with. Not to make him feel uncomfortable, I turned to the people in front of me. We've been saying goodbye to each other when the plane lands. It wouldn't matter if I'll move out without talking to him.

I gave it a shrug. He might not even remember me.

Although I'll admit I was pleased and happy when he remembered Paris. Who would have thought he'll notice me? If I didn't give any attention to him. I mean, why would he to me? Yet he did. Or Ara and Eubert made him remember me? I should've asked him. But doing that might offend him.  Questioning him about that might sound desperate or. . . I don't know. Yeah---whatever.

There were two people in front me before I'll get my way out. I looked black but there's niether Dylan nor the Chinese airport police behind. "He must be really  in a rush. Oh well." Pushing my bag, I advanced as the wait went down to one. While I was busy preparing my passport and ticket for the check, a figure of a man suddenly appeared in my peripheral vision. And I was stunned when he grabbed me and locked me in a tight hug.

At first, I don't know what to do. I was turned to pushing him away and kicking his b*lls. But when I heard his voice, I relaxed and returned his hug.