Chapter 45 - Under The Covers

"At the time I didn't know just how hard the wind could blow towards disaster and the things that I would see." - Greg Holden

"Doctor Tara Knowles?"

"Yes?" Tara looked up from the chart to see a smiling man outside her office. "What can I do for you?"

"You've been served," he said dropping the envelope on top of the chart in her hands. "Have a nice day."

"What? Wait," she quickly ripped it open.

"I don't have any information," he said calmly. "It's all in there. If you have questions I'd suggest you get a lawyer."

"A restraining order?" Tara gasped as her eyes scanned the document while the process server made his way down the hall. Had she not just gotten done assisting with a surgery she may have been more suspicious of the random man waiting for her. "...Not to be within 50 yards of or have any contact with protected persons Amelia Teller, Jackson Teller, and their minor children Alice and Thomas Teller."

Slamming the door, Tara flung the papers across her office and immediately called Jax. It rang twice before he answered.

"Yeah?"

"You went through the court?" She asked, floored at the bold move he'd made against her.

Jax huffed, "Guess it didn't mean much since you're calling me."

"I was being nice," she growled.

"You're making my wife uncomfortable and you're pissing me off, Tara," Jax said through clenched teeth. "I'm going about this nicely, don't make me regret it."

Jax hurled his burner against the wall out of anger and grunted as it shattered and pieces rained into the floor. He didn't want to kill her and there was more than one reason for that but Jax couldn't be bothered to analyze his own feelings on the matter. She was a woman, and that was the first, but it had much more to do with him killing Juice but he couldn't, or wouldn't, think deeper about it.

"Yo, Prez", Kozik poked his head in the office. "You alright?"

"Fine," he huffed. "I'm taking the rest of the day off. If you need me call Amelia."

"Alright, I'll let everyone know."

Jax went home, taking a few extra turns to calm himself, and found Amelia in the laundry room. She turned and pulled a face but the confusion soon turned into a smile.

"Hey," she said cheerfully. "What are you doing home?"

"Too annoyed to deal with the bullshit," he sighed. "Kid sleeping?"

"He is," she smirked.

"Ally at school?"

"She is," Amelia looked at him and batted her eyelashes innocently. "What do you have in that head of yours?"

"My wife," he growled, grabbing her and pulling her close. Jax hoisted her up on the washer and kissed her.

"Jax," Amelia whispered, "The back door is open."

"No one's out there," he pulled his cut and shirt off. "That's why we got the fence."

Amelia giggled as they both stripped in record time. "I missed this. I'm so happy we came back here." The words were muffled against his hair as he kissed down her chest.

Closing the door would have been smart but it wouldn't have stopped Tara. She watched them as their foreplay heated up before moving around the side of the house. Through the window she gazed at Thomas as he slept, aching from the loss of her own son, and still dealing with a deep depression after the entire ordeal with Jax. She'd lost the most important things, her love and her child, but with no friends or family it was hard for others to see how far she had slipped. Quietly, she slit the screen down the side and rolled it back. She couldn't climb in, Jax and Amelia were too cautious after Alice had been kidnapped, but she could reach far enough to stroke the infant's golden blond hair.