Prologue

DAN'S POV

I was six years old. It was a warm evening, and the stars were beautiful in the sky.

I looked into his vibrant, Brown eyes, intense with anger and hatred. His foot slammed against my side and up my cheek bone. Help me.

My silent plea, my begging round eyes, my whimpers, didn't stop him. He was so much older than me, so much stronger. "You're weak." He reminded me for the third time that day. "You're worthless." He snarled, making my shiver both from pain and fear. "You are discussing." His foot slammed into my leg, sending pain through my entire body. "YOU'RE NOT MY SON!" He picked up my limp body by the back of my shirt color. The pressure against my throat caused me to gag and choke, but he paid it no attention.

He slammed me against the wall, almost letting go because he slammed me so far. As my head made contact with the wall, I tried to scream with pain, but it hurt to much to bake more than a muffled yelp.

He slammed me again, and I almost blacked out. He let me drop, and I hit the floor with a loud thud. Every bit of my throbbed like a heartbeat, pumping pain through my body. I shook even more.

I looked back up at him. His fists were bloody. His square jaw was clenched. His eyes were now practically glowing with hatred.

"You understand me, boy?"

I would've nodded, but I couldn't move.

"ANSWER ME!" His fist pounded into my neck, and I felt unbearable pain. The last thing I saw was my dad's head thrown back in crude laughter, as I drifted into a new life.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi! I'm so excited for this, because my first attempt was absolute crap. But you'll find that on my profile. My sister also is in progress of writing a book with the same characters, but I think she's breaking up some relationships and moving them around (she's probably not even going to write it to be honest).... but I don't know... here's her profile she's awesome, btw. Credit for the character Melody is to her. Melody is based off of her, and Melody was created by her.

So yeah. Enjoy the story :)

BY THE WAY, THIS WAS IN DAN'S POV, NOT JACK'S AND THE REST OF THIS IS IN MELODY/JACK/ZACK'S POVS

MEET THE CHARACTERS (Important but not main, like not Jack/Zack/Mel)

Dan McFalcony is a sweet, caring boy. He is poetic and sweet, but often feels trapped in his own thoughts. He does not open up easily, and when he does, he speaks of the world in such a different way that it changes the way people think. His is the kind of smile that lights up a room, and he is the kind of one that changes the world without thinking about it

Murphy Dubai is simply the lonely pea. He stands out like neon along black. He is slightly murderous and psychopathic, but loves to make jokes, and he loves to smile and to be happy. He has learned the keys to survival, and lives without the simple pleasures of life. He doesn't understand love, and he doesn't understand his own emotions.

Chester Proshloye also stands out. He is charismatic and loves to communicate with others. He supports his friends through hard times, and carries each other's burdens. He is impossible to not love, with a sense of humor and a heart like his own.

Kinsley Klinton is a criticising fuss. She walks the earth believing the whole world revolves around her. She bosses around her family, friends, classmates, and basically everyone. She is persistant and has a sharp tongue. She is persuasive and manipulative and understands emotions and how to control them.

Nico (di Angelo) Solace is an emo small child. He has matured and changed sense his teenage years. He has learned to process and work with his emotions rather than run from them. He has found love, and started a family, with his daughter and son, and husband. He treats his family like his best friends, and loves to spend loads of time with them. He protects them, and makes sure they feel comfortable talking to him.

Will Solace  is a caring, loving person. He is stubborn and persistent, and follows his ambitions. Some of his past times include spending time with friends and family, reading, archery, teaching, learning, helping others, drawing, painting, and playing instruments. He loves to smile, and for others to smile.