Useless

In the time that I have known Makoto I have only seen him as one thing, Useless. He still proves to be no more than a waste of my time even with all that I have told him. So, I told him to go away, that I no longer wanted to waste my time on him. I almost miss that nuisance.

Byakuya paced around his room, back and fourth. Trying to find a solution to his predicament. Though he would never admit it he really, REALLY want to spend some time with Makoto, no not some, all of his time with Makoto. However there are three big problems for Byakuya, Toko constantly stalking him made it hard for him to get any time by himself, much less with someone else. The only way to make her go away and not be in his room is for her to pass out, but that only lasts for so long before she wakes up and hunts him down as Jill, which is much worse, at least he can make Toko be quiet. His second problem is that he told Makoto to leave him alone, and mr Ultimate Prodigy is too proud to ever ask Makoto to hang out with him, so Makoto had to do it, but now he won't. Byakuya's third and possibly biggest problem was Kyoko. The fact that Makoto spent so much time with her and defended her so much ate Byakuya from the inside out. He couldn't place why but the more time Makoto spent with her the more he hated her. There really was no solution.

Makoto sat on the edge of his bed looking at his report card. Seeing that he had stars next to everyone who was still alive he knew that he had learned all that each person would tell him, Mondo wants to be a carpenter, Chihiro wants to be stronger, Taka wants to be prime minister  Aoi wants to be a olympian and fall in love, Hiro is in some big trouble with a gang, Toko is trying I-stories instead of romance Kyoko is..... Mysterious as ever, and Byakuya.... looking at Byakuya's profile Makoto felt a tinge of sadness shoot through his heart, "I'm useless to Byakuya...Part of the 99% that are below him and everyone else in the one percent, the ones who can't make a difference.." Makoto murmured. Although Byakuya's insults often made Makoto feel hopeless, he still loved to spend time with him. Makoto got up off of his bed, and stood in a gung ho stance, "I'm going to go talk to him!" Makoto smiled, "because if there's one thing I'm good at, it's talking to people who don't want to talk!"

The chime of my doorbell rang through my room. uuuugggh, it's probably that nuisance Toko! I continued to read my book waiting for the barrage of rings that I would soon hear.

.

.

.

Why hasn't the damn thing gone off? Perhaps it's Ma- Someone actually worth my time. I set my book to the side and walked to door and barely opened it in case it actually was Toko.

Makoto watched nervously as the door opened, heart pounding with anticipation, "Oh it's you," Byakuya said, the boredom dripping of him words, even so he opened the door to actually stand before Him, "Hi Byakuy-"Makoti started, "I thought I told you I had no use for you." byakuya sneered, "You did, but still, I... um..." He didn't think this through, "I felt like maybe we could just hang out.. maybe? I really want to hang out with someone, but it's night time so I can't hang out with Toko, Hina, or Kyoko, and I'm afraid that Hiro will try to con me, again." Byakuya looked unamused, "Fine but this better not prove to be a total waste of my time." He said as he moved to the side to let Makoto in.

Byakuya smiled as Makoto had his back turned away. His problem was solved, Maybe Makoto was so persistent that he wasn't useless.