Chapter 1-The day I die

It was just like any normal days. Going to school~Going to school~ And going to school~ Obviously. Us students must go to school anyway. But I kind of like school nowadays. Why? Because I really look forward to AFTER school !! I’m going to study with Rin, together, just the two of us!! How great is that!? But we’re just bestfriends anyway.Nothing more than that....

“You seem to be happy than usual today Yuki. Did something good happen?” asked Rin with a grin on her face. Of course I’m happy !! Why shouldn’t I?? Being together with her again yet another day. I just hope this blissful moment goes on like this forever.

“Ah nothing Rin. You’re just too cute today.”

“Hahaha right….Thank you my bestfriend !! Now study study !!” So we continued studying till afternoon.

“Bye Yuki !! See you tomorrow!!” exclaimed Rin as she waved at me with her adorable smile on her face. One could just melt just by seeing that smile of hers. Well…not all. Or maybe it’s just me….Because I caught fever all the time you know? Rin’s fever that is.

 “I’m home !!! Heck,it’s not like there’s anyone home anyway,” I entered my dark, hollow, empty looking house. Just me, alone. I went ahead to take a shower, then…just sit. Thinking…..After all that blank-kinda thinking, my stomach started to growl. So I went ahead to check the fridge to fill my poor,empty stomach. Unfortunately, there’s none…..And it’s night time…Well it’s around 7.13pm or so to say. So I decided to head to the convenience store in which I regularly went to.

After a while of picking necessities, I went home. Along the way home, the surrounding was...kinda eerie…It was so quiet. Well of course, who would make loud noises at night? As I walked down this cold road alone, a sudden chill went down my spine, as if someone’s stalking me….But I decided hey, who would rape me anyway? So I continued on….Only then…I felt a sharp pain on my back...

I was stunned. I held the part of my body in which was being stabbed....which a sword...Blood shrouded my hand with its redness. My body started to get heavier and heavier. I realized I now coughed blood out. It hurts..it hurts...I fell to my knees, trying desperately to hold this excruciating pain. More blood started to ooze out. And then I collapsed….Am I going to die here? What have I done? My vision started to get more obscured…..I lolled my head to the side, using the remaining energy I have to open my heavy eyelids. There I see a figure….A black figure….I’m sure it isn’t the murderer as he or she doesn’t even hold the weapon nor did I heard footsteps pass by me. I tried to look at the silhouette intently. The image started to get clearer and clearer with the help of the reflecting moonlight. I noticed her eyes first, which were scarlet red. She was observing me. Observing the dying me….Oh heck, why would someone wants to confess in the middle of the night and to top it off, when I’m dying?? Or so that was I thought. But the strange thing is….she got wings on her back….

“Human…Do you wish to live?” As she crouched to see my face clearly. Her eyes were piercing right through me. Is it me or is her gaze just that powerful? Nevertheless, I nodded….

“Very well, I shall make a pact with you in order to revive you…On a condition…You have to serve me….” The thoughts of becoming alive again and search for the killer occupied my thoughts so I gave her a nod straight away. She then held my cheek up, and slowly she gave me a kiss. I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it as I WAS dying. But the kiss...it was unusual...I felt something foreign, something that gave me life...

After a while, my body started to feel better. The pain was no longer there. It was as if I’ve never been stabbed before. I looked at my savior. She was cute all right, wearing a goth-lolita style clothing.

“Uhhh thank you..for saving me.”

“You still remember the condition do you?”

“Condition? Oh ya !!! I have to be your servant?”

“Correct. My name is Shiki. And you’re now my humble servant. Your name?”

“Yuki….” I found it weird….I feel as if it was a dream…I mean, I’m supposed to be dead by now yet, I’m alive…Thanks to Shiki here. I wonder who she really is.

“Very well Yuki,I’m guessing you must be trying to figure out who I am I assume?I am a vampire princess. So you know what to expect from me”

Did…did I just heard that right?

“A…vampire?”

“…..Are you deaf or what?!” She pinched my cheek as hard as she could. Talk about a childish vampire princess...

“Hmph. Now here, take this” She held out a ring to me.

“Wear this scarlet ring. It’s a proof of your obligation towards me. From now on, you shall live with me and serve me. Now then, let us go home Yuki….” She offered her hand to me. This is really too much to believe!? I’m now a servant for a vampire princess ???!!!