Chapter 6-Shiki's past

Morning came. As usual, I have to go and wake those two sleepyheads. I decided rather than waking Shiki up first, I better wake Rin instead. Who knows what kind of perverted jokes she will have in store? I made my way towards Rin’s bedroom, knocking on the hard, sturdy door gently as not to wake Shiki up.

“Rin? Are you awake?”

“Yeah. You can come in Yuki,” as soon as I heard her reply, I twisted the doorknob anti-clockwise, allowing me to enter her room. Rin was combing her dark, black silky hair with a yellow comb. I did recall that she likes the colour yellow. I guess that explained why many of her things are yellow.

“I didn’t expect you to be up that early,” I asked as I walked slowly towards her.

“I’m not that much of a sleepyhead okay? I was just tired that time for spending so much effort on the homework.”

“Well sorry for that, my princess. Shall I comb your hair to make up for that?” I bowed down to her as if she’s really a princess. She let out a cute giggle and allowed me to comb her hair. Her laugh always soothe anyone's heart….And her smile can brighten up your day no matter how dark your day is. I took the comb from her hand and straightened her smooth, silky hair with it. She smelled so nice. I guess it must be the shampoo she used. I didn’t notice that I held strands of her hair with the palm of my hand and took a whiff of it.

“Uhh Yuki?? What…are you doing?” Her sudden question immediately made me realize what was I doing. I couldn’t believe what I just did!!

“Oh sorry Rin !!!” I bowed down, apologizing to her. A bead of sweat fell down from my forehead. I panicked. I was sure she might be annoyed by my action just now and hated me. I hoped she was not seething me because of that.

“Don’t worry about it. I guess it must be your habit when combing Shiki’s hair,” she let out a fresh looking smile, washing all the panic away. I managed to give a nervous smile to her. I’m glad she’s not that mad….But to think she misunderstood it for my habit of combing Shiki’s hair. Sure I combed her hair, but I didn’t take a whiff of it. And one thing about Rin is that she rarely gets mad. She’s just that extroverted and a good-natured girl.

“Ah okay then. Here, let me help you tie your hair,” I took a yellow ribbon from her desk and tied her hair into a ponytail style. She always liked ponytail. I guess it keeps you cool.

-Entrance-

“Here you go, your lunchbox. Be careful on your way okay?” I handed her the lunchbox.

“Thanks Yuki !! For making me lunchbox everytime. I appreciate it. Then I’ll be on my way then. See you later !!” She took the lunchbox and thanked me cheerfully yet again. She then made her way to school, waving at me with that adorable smile on her face. I closed the door when she’s no longer in sight. When I turned around, there was Shiki. She was walking down the stairs all wobbly that she needs the handle to balance herself. She was still sleepy. She yawned and rubbed her sleepy eyes.

“Ish bweakfast weady yet Yuki?” she asked with a rather sleepy tone, but kind of childish voice.

“Milady, you should take your bath first.”

“Hmph, I’m too tired to go back to my room!!! Unless you carry me Yuki,” she pout, pleading me to carry her back. This Shiki….So I let her arms wrapped around my neck while I carried her bridal-style, like how a princess is treated, to her room. As usual, I have to undress her before she showers. I’m kind of used to this lifestyle already. But what surprised me the most was….she didn’t even popped out with a single perverted teasing of hers. I started to wonder if she’s okay or not.