I'm right over here, why can't you see me?

~ Henry's thoughts ~
So it'd been around a month later. Jacob and Charlotte were still going strong. But it's been hard because she's always with him. At lunch she sits with him and his friends, she's making it a habit to go to and from school with him. I only really see her when we're at Junk N' Stuff, but that's because it's her job - not because she wants to spend time with me.
I am happy for her. Jacob's her first boyfriend and he makes her happy - I can tell. But I didn't think Char getting a boyfriend would mean me loosing my best friend. I was feeling salty but I tried to keep it at bay because Jacob and his annoying personality had seemed to fade slightly and he was treating Char well. And I made a promise right? Be civil to Jacob for Charlotte's sake. Yeah well, let's just say I'm regretting saying that. 

"Hen, go down to the man cave and help Charlotte." Ray said, grabbing Henry's attention.

"Okay, what is she doing?" He questioned.

"I've given her a box of files on criminals and I need you guys to read up on what it says about them and check to make sure they haven't been causing any problems." Ray instructed.

"Okay cool." Henry swiped his phone up from the counter and walked out back, entered the elevator of hell and found himself in the man cave.

"I'm here to help." Henry announced as he began to stride towards Charlotte.

"Great, I was bored and needed that classic Henry Hart entertainment in my life." Charlotte joked, giving him a wink. Henry's chuckled and ran his hand through his hair.

"Alright, so should we split the pile and work through them like that?" Questioned Henry.

"Yeah okay." Charlotte took a bunch of the files out and handed them to Henry and then began to look through the ones she had left.

The pair were working in a comfortable silence until Charlotte's phone began to ring.
"Hey Jake." Charlotte said as she answered the phone.

"Hey baby, what you doing?" Jacob said back to her.

"I'm at work, remember I told you?" Charlotte inquired, balancing her phone between her ear and shoulder as she picked up another file and began to multitask.
Henry rolled his eyes - Jacob obviously listened to nothing Charlotte said to him and Charlotte was so chill about it.

"No I can't leave work early - not even for you." Charlotte giggled, still talking to her boyfriend.

Jacob was saying more stuff to her to which she laughed at and Henry couldn't help but notice - to his annoyance - how her face lit up and she seemed really happy.
Charlotte looked up at Henry and he quickly looked down and busied himself.
"Uh listen Jake, I've gotta go, I've got work to do." She said, feeling bad that she was on the phone whilst she could be focusing on her work. "Yeah I'll see you tomorrow. Bye babe." Charlotte ended the call and put her phone down.

"You know if you wanna leave early so you can spend time with him, it's cool. I can handle this." Henry spoke, not looking up.

"So you're trying to say I can't handle this?" Charlotte questioned with sass and Henry looked up at her but breathed a sigh of relief once he saw she was joking.

"No I'm just saying, because I get if you would rather be with him rather than with me." He answered.

"Well, you are my best friend. And best friends spend time together, so why would I ditch you? Now stop talking rubbish and get on with your work." Charlotte laughed at him.
Henry didn't laugh, but he continued flicking through the files. "Hey, what's wrong Hen?" Charlotte put the files down and moved closer to him on the couch.