Chapter 2: Just Another Spider

My last day was not eventful. Well not during the day, but the night. This night would become the worst night of my short twenty year old existence. If I could go back I would, if I did go back I would be able save them. They wouldn't be dead. They would probably be married, even with ten kids. This night I lost the most important people in my life. I lost Cassie and Mason, my friends, and my family.

Cassie, Mason, and I decided to go camping at the lake. I didn't want to go, I would only be a third wheel. That's right they were getting married after two years of dating, they started after high school. I was happy for them, but I know it would only be a matter of time before I was alone... again. Tonight would our last night together, before the wedding plan. The three amigos together one last time.

"Come on retard it's not that hard to set up a tent." I said laughing. My tent already set up.

"Well I like to see you try." Cassie sassed at me, throwing her tent done.

My head rolled back laughing. I side stepped "suck it."

She flicked me off. I stuck my tongue out. Our usual routine. Suddenly the scariest thing happened, Mason started to..... dance. That was truly terrifying. His shouts of victory bounced off the trees "who built a fire? I did. Who built a fire? I did. Who built a fire? I did." Cassie and I were rolling on the forest ground, tears streaming down our faces.

I snickered "he's a real keeper isn't he Cass." She answered "I wouldn't have it any other babe." She got up to hug him, which then turned to PG-13. I jumped up when his hand slid down to her butt. "Well kiddos I'm off." They mumbled. "Don't forget, to wrap it up". I turn and ran to the lake. Feeling just a little bit lonely.

I excepted this loneliness a long time ago. I know there's no other half, and even if there was I wouldn't want him. I like being alone. Love is just isn't in my vocabulary. The only people I ever saw in love were my friends, but even then I had my doubts. To me it was an unnecessary emotion, a waste of space.

Wallowing in my loveless pity, I heard it. The bloody screech belonging to a girl, Cassie. I rolled my eyes, it was probably just another spider. Again I heard the scream belonging to a man, Mason. By then I knew something bad was happening. I ran, I ran like a killer was behind me.

Little did I know there was a killer about to come in front of me.

What hit me first was the stench. Rotting and burning flesh. It was enough to make me gag. My eyes saw them, Cassie and Mason. Not them, their bodies. Cassie was ripped in half. Half in shreds and the other in the fire. Her intestines spilled across the forest floor. Then my eyes met Mason's eyes, dead eyes. His body was shredded and cover in cuts. My eyes which had tears streaming out of them, finally caught the eyes of a nightmare.

The monster was a wolf.

This wolf wasn't a cute wolf and was best friends with Bella from Twilight. No, this wolf had patches of its gray fur missing. It had holes and arrows stuck in its side. Even his tail was in half. Its mouth was covered in blood, dry and new. The new blood had came from Cass and Mason. The only thing that was beautiful about this wolf was its eyes. The color of emerald green shown like diamonds. They made me forget what was wrong, they made me forget the murder of my friends. I wanted to look closer, so I began to walk towards it. CRUNCH! I looked down too see my feet on top of a broken bone. I stepped on Cassie's leg. One simple word spoke in my mind, run. I turned my body and ran towards the lake, to the car.

So, there I was running and trying to ignore the burning sensation in my legs. I was so close. That's when I felt my left foot ripped away from my body and I air borne. Shrieks escaped my mouth. I was in the worst pain I've ever ben in. My body hit the ground with a thud. I tried to move, oh trust me I tried. My limbs weren't responding, and I was in dire need for them to. Just like the predator it was I being hunted.

The beast lowered his gray snout and started to stalk towards me.

It's body were inches from me when it started to morph. The claws retracted into it's paws. It's eyes growing more intelligent. It's canines turning to form into a human mouth. It's or should I say his body turned into a man. His eyes held no emotion. He then lowered his mouth to my ear, "Drink." He slashed his wrist into his teeth, forcing it onto my lips. I would've fought back but my body wouldn't have it. The blood loss was affecting it. Blood entered my mouth and slithered down my throat. It tasted just as it smelled. Like rust and iron. (A/N: *singsong* TWILIGHT MOMENT!!!) My eyes started to close, he shook me gently. "No, no you can't die. Shit." But when I was little I was pretty much nothing but a rule breaker. So that's what I did, I broke the rules. I died.

*******************************************************************************************************************

I woke up in pain. Not just any kind of pain, the kind that makes you want to be dead, and trust me I wanted to be dead. Head to toe I was covered in blood. I opened my eyes that were caked in blood. Flashes of Limbo came to me. Jeremiah, Thantos, and the sweet smell of chocolate.