Love, Letters and Lipbites

• Dedicated to andrea-my best friend and inspiration for this book, luv ya

"Jessie, come downstairs, your breakfast is getting cold," called my best friend, Emma, motherly style from the kitchen.

I rolled over, but misjudging my calculations, I landed on the floor.

{Great}

I looked over at the clock.

{6:24}

I crawled over to the bathroom, and literally fell asleep in the tub. Moments later, Emma came knocking on my door.

"Get out of bed, Jessica."

Jessica?

She never used that voice on me. My name wasn't even Jessica.

I decided that I didn't have enough time for a bath, so I jumped out of the oh-so-slippery empty tub.

After taking a shower, I ran down the stairs, calling my best friend, "Emma, where's Ethan?"

"Playing snooker with Hunter."

"On second thoughts I might have breakfast first," I scrunched up my nose in disgust, and Emma laughed.

"Oh, Jessie, you really hate that boy."

I flashed her a you-just-realised look.

"I prefer the term, strongly dislike."

I didn't have time to hear her witty comeback, before someone lifted me up and spun me around from behind. I turned around and gave Jaiden, my brother a quick peck on the cheek.

"Hey, Jessie," I spun around to see Ethan, grinning like an idiot. I ran to him and he spun me around, before I gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Jess, don't I get a hug?" Hunter asked his hand over his heart, feigning mock hurt. He was standing behind Ethan leaning on the doorway.

I put my arm on his shoulder, before giving him a smile and then kneeing him in the balls.

He hobbled to the fridge and pulled out a bag of peas.

"Oh, and my names Jessie," I informed him, walking away to finish my pancakes.

------

PROLOUGE.

Xxx k