1) Childhood

"Look Ruru!"

The beaming figure held the small infant in his arms as he swayed them with a lullaby. After such a joyous day, both adults in the room were nearly exhausted but anxious to meet their new family member.

The new baby was quite a sight. His bone colors was one of his father's; charcoal. His bones gave off the illusion of fluid ink, it floated like little ink blots. Soft bits of it levitated from his body.

His eyes were abnormally beautiful. His sockets were highlighted pink, with different colored pupils. Just like his other father's, the pupils were different shapes. His outside pupils were yellow with a black center. However to his left, his eye had another center a soft hue of blue that was inside of it's star shape.

Error directed his attention to the small bundle of joy that was in his lover's arms. The small skeleton was still sleeping. But with Ink's sudden eagerness, the skeleton stifled a yawn and started to flutter open his eyes. His eyes opening earned a soft gasp from the two new parents.

"He's precious. Error he looks so much like you."

"Heheh. h-his eyes are just like yours I-Inky."

The smaller skeleton, wrapped in a soft blanket directed it's vision to the towering figures. The pacifier in his mouth danced as Ink leaned down and placed a soft kiss on his head. The infant returned with a soft giggle and yawn. The baby, too tired to care, let the pacifer fall out of his mouth.

Ink held onto the pacifer in one hand while he held the infant out to Error. Error looked skeptical,

"N-no. I don't wanna harm him!" Error's voice was nervous and jittery but Ink was persistent.

"He's your son! Hold him." Ink gently placed the infant in Error's hands as Error looked back nervously. But that melted as soon as he adjusted to the small weight in his arms.

"H-hi there small one." Error couldn't help but smile down at the bundle in his hands.

The infant gave a soft smile as his eyesockets drooped wearily.

Ink glowed with happiness as Error looked at his son with compassion. He knew deep inside, Error was overly proud to be a father. For someone who was always based around destruction, he never knew he could actually create something. Something so vast as a child.

When soft snores where heard from the infant, Error gently placed it in it's bassinet. Giving a final glance, Error gently secured the blanket around his son, making sure he was well and warm.

Returning to his husband's side, Error sat down and grasped Ink's hands. Lightly, landing a peck on his knuckles, Error redirected his attention towards the sleeping infant.

"He needs a-a name." Error looked Ink in his eyes, losing himself in the eyes he loved ever so much.

"I know... I had a suggestion. It was sorta an idea I had when I first found out about him." Ink's words wandered as he spoke. He felt sorta nervous suggesting his idea of a name.

Error rose an non-existent eyebrow, "And w-what is it?"

Ink gave a compassionate smile, a soft blush forming on his face.

"Paperjam."

Error gave a soft laugh and wrapped Ink in an embrace, swaying them in unison before replying.

"I l-love it."

Ink tired eyed let a yawn escape his mouth. Looking at Error, Ink asked a question.

"Error... What names will we be called? I feel like dad and father sounds a little complicated. I don't want Paperjam to be raised confused."

Error pulled away from the embrace, placing a finger on Ink's mouth to silence him.