I

Dan can still recall the dripping of his blood, how the blade slid so smoothly across his wrist. When he first met Phil, he was so depressed and the first day he met Phil, he was just a little happier. He felt a little less alone, he felt a little more alive. After hours, days, weeks, he started to feel that emptiness again. He fell in love with the blue-eyed beauty, but unfortunately, Dan couldn't feel loved. He couldn't ever believe that someone other than his family could love him, hell he couldn't even love himself, but this is the day that he felt at least a little happiness. 

*   *   *

This day was as normal as any other day, being bullied, mentally abused, and neglected. He didn't expect there be a new boy, or that the boy would talk to him. No one does, so why would he? Does he pity him? He didn't expect the boy would be named Phil, or that he would be Dan's new best friend. He didn't know any of this until on the 9th of October in the year of 2009.

(Dan's POV)

"Daniel, how are you? Are you still living on the streets?" His taunting voice chuckles. His friends laugh along with him and I continue walking in the direction of the lunch room. "Danny boy, where you going?" He calls out, footsteps echo the hallway as he comes and wraps his arm around my shoulder. I shrug him off, not showing him any emotion. I go to walk away but his friends trap me. 

"What's wrong Danny Boy?" He gently pushes my shoulder. A crowd starts to form around us. I look away and back away from him. He gives me a daft grin, "What, do you think you are better than us? You think just because you aren't into the same sex as us, that you are cooler?" His sick amusement turns into anger and he shoves me into the lockers. My breath is knocked out of me, but he doesn't stop there. He storms forward, almost as if he was a predator and I was the prey. 

He swings his fist forward, connecting with my stomach. Michael is my biggest bully, and this happens daily. I groan, collapsing to the ground clutching my stomach. By now, there are hoots and hollers, encouraging Michael to continue. He kicks me in the ribs, immense pain covers my mid body when I hear a single voice roar out. 

"Get away from him," it was almost as if the person was calm but fierce. Michael glares at a blurry figure, "who are you?" He almost growls out. I blink away the blurriness, "My name is Phil Lester, and I'm telling you now, Get. Away. From. Him." Phil smirks, saying it slowly as if he was talking to a child. 

Michael steps forward, "and what if I don't?" Phil shrugs, four muscular looking guys step out from behind the boy, "you'd have to deal with them." Phil has a beige beanie sitting on top of his head, with a black fringe sticking out. A small lip ring looping through the left side of his lip. Michael sizes the four guys and decides to back down. I stumble to my feet and start to walk away from the boy.

Phil Lester, huh?