Chapter 3

~November 18, 2013~

"Madison, are you sure you want to go? I mean, you can stay here forever! You are always welcome! But, seriously, this is a big step in life! Are you totally fine with going? Oh gosh! I'm just going to miss you so much, I'm so sorry for rambling!" Mrs. Abernathy enveloped me in a big hug as I began to make my way out of the orphanage for the very last, and final time.

I stood there under the door frame and held the little old lady, feeling my eye's starting to burn. Sure, I'm excited to move and start my new life, but hey, this lady took care of me my whole life. I can't just get rid of her so easily? 

Lightly, I moved some of her hair back and kissed her forehead, then slowly brought her head up, making our eye's meet, "Listen to me. You're are the nicest woman I have ever met. You have always kept me keeping high hopes. Heck, you're the reason why I'm trying to follow my dreams right now. But, I just want you to know, before I leave, that I love you. I know. I know I don't have a family. But to me, you're my family. And I love you so much. We'll meet again some day. Always remember that." The words came out of me like a silky river flowing down a stream. Almost as if they words were natural. Rehearsed.

Mrs. Abernathy smiled lightly while gently wiping some of her tears away, trying to clear her vision. But, it didn't really do any benefit. Especially when the taxi drove up next to the side walk. Tears and tears just kept coming out of her beautiful emerald green eye's, and I kindly kept wiping them away for her.

"I'm sorry. But I have to go now. Stay strong for me? Alright?" I lightly hugged Mrs. Abernathy one more time and quickly kissed her cheek, then made my way down the orphanage steps, finally feeling some what free.

Almost as if he knew I were coming, the taxi driver opened his car door and made his way over to me, offering to take my bag and put it in the trunk. Which, I gladly accepted, then made my way to the back seat and opened the door, standing there for a couple of seconds thinking about my decisions and looked back at Mrs. Abernathy one more time. She signalled for me to get in the car and smiled widely, causing me to smile and get in the car with my final thought and decision.

"I will go to London, England, and I will start a new life."

-

It's been about half a hour now, and currently, I am making my way through the air port, with my belongings close to my side, and my pass port in hand. I really am doing this. This is really happening.

"Flight number 81 is now boarding."

Those words are so simple to some people. But to me, these words are a life changing situation. Those very words are going to be my calling for the different. And that's a scary thought.

I quickly pushed those thoughts away and intensified in my speed. Beginning to walk faster towards my gate I had to get on at. 

As I rounded the corner, I quickly walked up to the worker and smiled while handing her my pass port, nervous that there was going to be something wrong. But surprisingly, there wasn't. She handed me back my pass port lightly and moved to the side, allowing me to pass and aboard the plane.

Taking a breath, I finally began to take steps closer to the plane, feeling anxious with each step taken. But, also feeling excitement as well.

I mean, seriously? Who wouldn't be excited? This is the chance of a lifetime. Plus, it's my time to change for the good, not the worse. Hopefully I can achieve my goal, and start a new, better life.

Pushing the thought away, I quickly boarded the plane, and found my seat, sitting down lightly and resting my head on the head rest.

I know this is off topic, but the other day, I bought my own apartment to live in, in London, England. And let me just say, I'm quite excited. Never mind, excited is a understatement. The word I'm looking for is ecstatic. I'm ecstatic to live in my apartment. I'm ecstatic to be there.

I'm ecstatic to finally get a chance to...

Just Breathe.