(36) Katy Perry Facts.

1- Katy's full name is Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson.

2- Katy was born to Keith and Mary Hudson.

3- Katy was born in Santa Barbara, California

4- Katy was born on Thursday, October 25, 1984.

5- Katy was raised in a very conservative family where she was not even allowed to listen to music or read Harry Potter.

6- Katy started singing at church at an early age of 9 and continued to be a gospel singer till the age of 17.

7- Katy could only listen to Hence, gospel music as a child.

8- Katy maintains an active twitter account to keep in touch with her fans.

9- In October 2012, it was revealed that the twitter account of Katy Perry has the third highest number of followers after Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga.

10- Katy has over 95 million followers on Twitter.

11- Katy Perry is known to wear the most weird outfits, which she considers her own unique unconventional style.

12- Katy usually wears bright colors and likes to dress up to represent different decades.

13- Katy is well known to change her hair color on a regular basis though she is naturally a blonde.

14- Katy married British comedian Russell Brand on October 23, 2010 in Rajasthan, India while they were on a vacation there. The ceremony was carried out in a traditional Indian way. However, they both filed for a divorce after just 14 months of marriage.

15- Katy is now currently dating singer John Mayer.

16- Katy entered The Guinness World Book of Records in 2010.

17- Katy made her entry as the "Best Start on the US Digital Chart by a Female Artist."

18- Katy's first two singles earned her the entry by selling more than 2 million digital copies.

19- Katy has 4 tattoos.

20- Katy has 'Jesus' tattooed on her left wrist, a tattoo on the left arm in Sanskrit which means "Go with the Flow", a strawberry tattooed on her left foot and on her right foot, a peppermint tattoo.

21- Katy has a pet cat named Kitty Purry.

22- Katy loves her cat dearly and is often seen giving Kitty haircuts.

23- Not only that, Kitty Purry has her own blog and was also nominated for Teen Choice Award in the category of Best Celebrity Pet in the year 2009.

24- The majority of the team managing Katy Perry, has been with her from the very beginning.

25- Did you know what Katy Perry uses to stay fit? A jumping rope. She uses the jumping rope to keep her physically fit and have a flawless body.

26- Katy's parents were Pastors.

27- However, long before they became pastors, Katy's mother was in a relationship with musician Jimi Hendrix.

28- Katy's father used to be a drug dealer.

29- Katy loves mixing CDs for her friends.

30- According to some of her close friends, Katy makes the best CD mixes and is known to have great taste in music.

31- Surprisingly Katy loves to clean for the sake of fun.

32- Katy loves to clean around the house, vacuum, do the dishes and other chores.

33- Katy is said to have a high sense of personal hygiene.

34- Katy Perry dropped out of school when she was only 15 and left home at the age of 17 to pursue her musical career.

35- Wonder where all Katy's outfits go after she is done with them? Katy gives them away to her backstage crew.

36- When Katy's song "I Kissed a Girl" came out, it became wildly popular amongst fans. Even today, when she performs the song during her concerts, cherry chap-sticks are often thrown at her by her fans.