(19) Mark Wahlberg Facts

1. Wahlberg made his acting debut in the 1993 TV movie "The Substitute."

2. Wahlberg is the younger brother of Donnie Wahlberg, former teen idol and member of New Kids on the Block, who has since successfully transitioned to acting.

3. Wahlberg was the driving force behind "The Fighter" (2010), and trained for four years in order to build his physique and make the boxing scenes appear more realistic. Besides building a gym and boxing ring in his house, he also hired Freddie Roach -- Manny Pacquiao's trainer -- to prepare him for the film.

4. Wahlberg's breakout role was as a drug-addicted high school basketball star in "The Basketball Diaries" (1995), in which he starred alongside Leonard DiCaprio.

5. Wahlberg was sentenced to two years in state prison for assaulting two men in 1988. He served 45 days for the crimes.

6. Piggy-backing off the success of his older brother, Wahlberg was a "bad-boy" rapper, Marky Mark, in the early '90s. "Good Vibrations" is Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch's top hit, reaching No.1 on the Billboard charts.

7. During his time as a musician, Wahlberg was prominently featured in underwear ads for Calvin Klein.

8. Has a tattoo of Bob Marley on his left shoulder and Tweety Bird on his ankle. He has four tattoos altogether, but is in the process of removing them.

9. Despite the success of "Good Vibrations," Marky Mark's second album was a commercial failure and Wahlberg soon dropped his stage name and started acting.

10. Sadly, Wahlberg's older sister passed away on the same day his first child was born (September 2, 2003).

11. He and his wife, Rhea Durham, were married in 2009 at a private Catholic ceremony in Beverly Hills. Despite the relatively recent marriage, the couple has been together since 2001 and has four children.

12. He's ranked No. 1 on VH1's "Hottest Hotties of the 90's."

13. Wahlberg dropped out of school at 13 and finally received his high school diploma in 2013.

14. Shortly after "The Departed" (2006) hit theaters, Wahlberg spoke about the possibility of a sequel that would revolve around his character, Staff Sergeant Dignam. Unfortunately, due to certain conflicts of interests regarding production, a sequel does not seem likely anytime soon.

15. In the early 1990s, Wahlberg dated former child actress and "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" star Soleil Moon Frye.

16. Wahlberg is a part owner of the Barbados Tridents cricket franchise, which plays in the Limacol Caribbean Premier League.

17. He had stated in several interviews that he would retire at the age of 40 in order to concentrate on parenthood and professional golf. Now, at 42, he has obviously scrapped his plans to retire and acknowledged his "golf game is horrible."

18. In 1992, the readers of Rolling Stone voted Wahlberg the "worst male singer of the year."

19. Wahlberg received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in July, 2010.