Chapter Three

On Luke's arrival, the same curly haired waitress Ashton had left for him the previous night served him. He ordered something big, planning to stay a while until he arrived. He ate slowly his eyes darting around the room hoping to catch a glimpse of the golden haired boy, but he didn't seem to how up. He looked down a his phone to see it was six, two hours with no sign of him. He looked around to ask for his check from the waitress when Ashton walked through the door looking flawless.

   He was wearing his tight work shirt and skinny jeans which made every curve of his body pop out. As the waitress that was in charge of his table came back to ask if he needed anything, Luke pulled out a twenty dollar bill.

"Is it possible to bribe you into having Ashton be my waiter?" Luke said throwing in a wink. The waitress laughed and took the money with a nod and in a few minutes Ashton came back, with his notepad and pen.

"Oh, its you again. Danielle said you've been here for two hours, do you need anything?" Ashton asked annoyed at the blond.

"Besides your phone number, a date would be nice." Luke said flirtatiously.

"Not happening." Ashton said, starting to leave before Luke grabbed his hand.

"A soda would be fine." Luke said, wanting to stay longer, ideally until it was the boys turn to leave so he could walk him home.

"What kind, blondie?" sass of the phrase emitted from his lips.

"Surprise me." Luke said with a smile. The boy was incredibly cute and feisty, just Luke's type. Ashton left without looking back and decided to take his time on the order just to annoy him.

He took others people's orders but looked over to Luke when he felt his icy blue piercing eyes looking at his body. Ashton felt as if he was naked and exposed in public by the way Luke stared at him. When he made eye contact Ashton rolled his eyes away but Luke smiled and waved at him. In order to shut him up, Ashton grabbed a coke and placed it on the table.

"Finish it, leave and stop staring please, creep." Ashton said annoyed, even though deep down he was enjoying the way he was being looked at. He hasn't been payed much attention lately, him doing everything for his family constantly. A bit of attention flattered but he didn't want it to show.

     "Or, I could tell your manager for taking more than thirty minutes on my order. That's against the returns rules you know." Luke mocked.

   "You wouldn't." Ashton's eyes darted around the room making sure his boss wasn't around and started to worry.

    "I wouldn't. Don't like pretty boys like you getting in trouble. Would keep me quiet if you let me walk you home after your shift?" Luke looked at Ashton with hopeful eyes but Ashton just rolled them.

   "Fine, I care to much about this job to lose if for joking around with a stupid boy." Ashton walked away an angry expression on his face.

     'He has quite a mouth on him.' Luke texted to the group chat he kept with Michael and Calum.

    'Aye, get it mate. He looks like a nice fella.' Michael answered.

    'If you don't, I will.' Calum mocked.

     Luke laughed and plugged in his headphones, listening to music as an attempt for time to past faster. He looked through his twitter feed and answered a couple of fans. Ashton looked at Luke who was distracted in his phone to his eyes, his shift was over but he wondered wether to past by him and leave or to actually have Luke walk him home.

    He decided to tap the blond's shoulder to get his attention because he didn't want to get fired if his boss found out about the late order and he realized if his sister saw him she would be happy for months. He really loved seeing his family happy.

"I'm heading home, if you still felt like following me. I wouldn't want you to snitch me out." Ashton murmured his backpack on his shoulder and a phone in hand.

"Of course. I've waited four hours for this." Luke laughed. He was nothing if not persistent. He was told that's how he made it big. He never gave up on his dreams and even if it seems small and silly, crushing on a waiter that has no interest in him when he could find someone else, he doesn't give up after being let down.

"Are you a no life, blondie?" Ashton mocked him, even if he was in the same situation being a hard working student and a part time worker, along with taking care of his family every second of the day. He was a serious workaholic.

"I have a great life. Thanks for asking. Are you already giving me nickname pizza boy?" Luke followed after Ashton as he headed out. Ashton walked to the same gray worn down car and unlocked the drivers side.

"I do more than just serve pizzas. Thanks for the walk." Ashton did really want to take picture with Luke for his sister but he felt that would just lead on the guy. This was as much as he was walking him home, because there was no way he was going to let a stranger in his beat down car.

"The agreement was home. Also, is this car safe?" Luke eyed the car feeling like it was about to fall apart any second.

"My car is unstoppable. Don't make fun of a long lasting car. Also, you said walk, and this is as far as you can walk me." Ashton said matter of factly looking up at Luke with his beautiful honey eyes. Luke kind of lost himself in them for about 17 years before the boy looked away.

"All the way home. I'll leave you at your doorstep like a gentleman." Luke send sun rays Ashton's way as he smiled widely.

"I'm not letting a stranger in my car. Also, I don't even know your name." Ashton knew that his sister was a fan of his and she's told him his name. Lance? Lorraine? Lucifer? He wasn't really sure and he didn't need to remember.

"I'm Hemmings. Luke Hemmings." Luke giggled in his best imitation of the James Bond introduction scene. "How about you? I can tell from your name tag your first name is Ashton, but do you have a last name or should I forget about I and just declare it to be Hemmings?"

"Oh god. You're a bad flirt. It's Irwin and I'm going to be late if I don't start driving now so I'll see you around blondie." Ashton winked before closing the door and turning on the car.

"I'm persistent, pizza boy. I'll find you again, just wait." Luke smiled as Ashton's engine made very loud growls. Ashton waved and drove away.

He definitely likes this one.

• • •