New Years

(A/N: Happy new years! I'm just barely in 2017. And this is more of a drabble, and probably makes no sense. I'll edit later. Also, does the new cover look okay? I hope it does. It took forever to find the original background! Happy Reading!)

     "Lucy! We don't have any decorations! I'm going out to get some!" Lockwood called, walking out the door.

     "Okay, have fun!" Lucy called back.

     "Bye." George said.

     "Are you ever enthusiastic about anything?" Lucy asked.

     "Yeah, but not new years. It's just people throwing parties about living another year." George said nonchalantly.

     "That's birthdays." Lucy said. "New years is welcoming another year with good luck, good fortune, and goodwill."

     "Eh... Same thing."

     "Not really."

     "Anyways, that's not the most exciting thing I've seen. The only thing exciting is seeing who kisses who when it's 12 a.m."

     "W- what?" Lucy said.

     "Yeah. Whenever it's the new year, you kiss someone. Are you planning on kissing someone?" George asked.

     "Uh- no. I'm not the type of person who finds an excuse to kiss someone because of traditions." Lucy replied.

     "Okay... If you say so..." George said.

------------------TIME SKIP------------------

     "FIVE MORE MINUTES!" Lockwood screamed.

     All decorations were up, and everything was in place. All there was to do now was wait.

     "Lockwood, you've never been more excited. Is there something you're planning on to happen, or...?" George asked.

     "N- no, I'm just excited to bring in the new year! I think we'll get lots of new cases, and this is going to be a really good year for Lockwood and Co." Lockwood said. "... THREE MORE MINUTES!"

     "You are just a ball of energy." Lucy said.

     "Yup!" Lockwood said smiling.

     "Everyone ready?" Lucy asked.

     "I'm extremely ready to put this year behind us."

     "THIRTY SECONDS!" Lockwood screamed.

     Everyone counted down.

     "THREE, TWO, ONE!"

     Suddenly, Lockwood grabbed Lucy by her arms, spun her around, and kissed her.

     Lucy was shocked at first, but soon melted into the kiss. Her arms snaked around Lockwood's neck, and his made their way to Lucy's waist.

     Lockwood then pulled away, out of breath.

     I kissed her. I've done it... It was magical.

     "Happy new years, Luce." Lockwood said, smiling.

     "Happy new year, Lockwood." Lucy said, smiling back. And then, she leaned back in, and kissed Lockwood.

(A/N: Happy new years everyone!)