Chapter 11 - An Open Book & Mysteries

*Lianna’s POV*

What a beautiful Saturday Morning’

I thought as I start to resurface the events that transpired last night.

Victor was a complete gentleman and an excellent date. He tried to kiss me but I obliged him not to. Although dates usually end like that I didn’t wanna go there.

Besides it wasn’t even a real date. That night was just a part of the plan. But I can’t say that I didn’t enjoy that fake date.

Grayson was also quite a gentleman on our first date, he was a little less classy compared to Victor but that just gave me a reason to feel more comfortable around him.

After a walk on the park he took me out to a diner which ended up having crappy food but luckily the best milkshakes I’ve ever tasted. Throughout the night he kept telling me jokes, listened to my nonsense babbling, and reminded me how beautiful I was although I was pretty sure I had ketchup on my face that time.

I snapped out from these flashbacks. I will be having a great weekend and the memories of him won’t be stopping that.

Suddenly, my phone vibrates on my nightstand.

It takes me a moment to realize that it was one of the players calling me. Groaning, I picked it up irritated by my ringtone that I badly needed to change later.

“Good morning beautiful!”

“Hey Joseph.” I yawn before speaking, “Why are you calling so early in the morning?”

“Damn your husky morning voice is so sexy Lianna!” He says through the speaker as I roll my eyes. “But to answer your question I really don’t know, usually I don’t even wake up till noon— Oh right! Our date. I called to remind you.”

I wish he would have forgotten about that. One date with one of the players is enough for my supposedly peaceful weekend.

“I already have the whole date planned so don’t say you ain’t coming!” Joseph says as I imagine him smirking through the phone.

I didn’t want to crush his spirit and maybe I could get him to spill more juicy information while we’re on that date.

“Fine. What’s your plan Mr. Systematic?”

He chuckles as I felt nervous. What does he have in mind for the date anyway?

Considering his fortune I do hope it’s not over-priced scuba diving. After watching Jaws I’m not sure if I want to encounter sea creatures like sharks.

I also shudder at the thought of sky diving. I better pray Joseph’s not planning to murder me with his ideas for a date.

“It’s a surprise.”

And just when I thought the gossip king can’t keep secrets.

“I don’t like surprises.” I pout although he can’t see me.

“Trust me you’ll love it.” He says in between chuckles, as I hear wrappers being crumpled in the background.

Okay now I’m really nervous.

“Hey! Careful with that, it’s explosive!” Joseph says from the other line talking with someone else from where he’s at.

I gulped. Explosive? I have a bad feeling about this date...

“Lianna, you still there?”

“Yeah...” I say with a squeaky voice, still imagining the possibilities on what he has in mind.