Chapter 2-You're Lame in Fighting

Chapter 2

"Carlos, I want you to send all the information about Damien Ozera in my e-mail... Yes... I want it now... I will answer your questions later... Okay... Yes... Bye."

I impatiently watched the screen of my laptop, waiting for Carlos to send me the details. I wet my lips like I always did when I was nervous.

A dartboard with a dart pierced in the middle.

It only meant one thing! If you had that tattoo, it meant that you're an agent of Safronov!

Safronov was a well-known agency of killers and fighters. Magaling silang makipaglaban. Marunong silang makipagbakbakan. Kaya nilang pumatay ng mga tao na hindi kumukurap.

I knew these details because..

An e-mail suddenly popped on the screen of my laptop. I clicked it immediately and read the content. Well maybe I was just overreacting. Maaring nagkataon lang na ganun ang istilo ng kaniyang tattoo. Ngunit nang mabasa ko ang nakasulat sa sinend sa'kin ni Carlos ay biglang gumuho ang pag-asa ko.

Damien Ozera
A pier agent of Safronov

Agents often call him, A man with no fear; A man with no emotions; A robot. He is the pier agent of Safronov for years. He is a man of values and principles. His works are organized and planned. He never makes a mess in his job.

Imposible. Hindi pwede. Paano ako napunta sa ganitong gusot? It was bad enough that he was an agent of Safronov. Worse, he was not just an ordinary agent but a pier agent. Pier agents were the highest ranking agents. They were the greatest among the greatest. The best among the best.

And now how would I go near him if he was this powerful?

Muling tumunog ang aking telepono at sinagot ko ang tawag ni Carlos.

(You received it already?)

"Yeah." Walang gana kong sagot.

(Now will you please answer my question? Totoo bang nabugbog ka?)

"Yeah." I answered again with the same I-am-not-interested-in-this-talk tone.

(At hindi mo man lang sinabi sa akin! Sa amin!)

"Watch your tone, Carlos." Maotoridad kong banta.

(I'm sorry. I'm just worried. But—)

"Look, this is not my first time to be attacked. It is just normal. Don't act like it's a big deal."

(You always talk like you're not a big deal.) There's empathy in his voice. Like he wanted to comfort me but I ignored it. I was done thinking about emotions and feelings anymore. They were just trashes.

"Because I am not a big deal."

Silence.

Non ending silence.

When I could't take it anymore, I was the first to speak.

"I need to see him."

(Who?)

"Damien Ozera." I heard him sighed.

(Are you ready? He is a Safronov. Are you willing to visit their palace? And why will you see him anyway?) Frustration and worry were obvious in the way he spoke.

"You don't have the rights to question me, Carlos. Just to remind you. And yes, I am willing to visit their palace. Now. And I want you to bring me there."

I ended the call before he could even form a reply. Let's show him who's the boss. I changed my clothes and put myself in a dress. I wore my high heels. I combed my black messy hair. I also wore my scarf to cover my neck.