Chapter Ten

[Lily's POV]

I sat inside the house, my eyes drifting towards the stars visable from the window. How beautiful they seemed yet in reality they were fake just like this world. I wondered if I'd ever be able to go back to the real world, see Caroline, Isabelle, Niall, Zayn, Liam. I couldn't say that I missed Louis, not after all he'd done to me. Yet some how even he had started to grow on me.

A knocking on the door startled me. I got up hoping it was Harry coming back. I had waited for his return just as he had instructed. Did that mean we were OK? Or did he just want to talk to me about how he would choose Helena instead of me.

When I opened the door, I didn't expect to see the face that I thought was dead.

Marcel.

I went to slam the door shut already knowing that he was a vampire and in this world he would be too. I couldn't let him inside, I couldn't trust him enough to invite him into my house. After all he had helped Ethan.

"Lily, we need to talk!" I could hear him shout desperatly from outside. I shook my head before realizing that he couldn't see me.

"I'm sorry Marcel I can't let you in. If your here that means you haven't eaten for ages-"

"I have," Marcel promised. That only unsettled me more. For him to be full he would have had to drain someone dry. I cringed at the thought of him latching onto an innocent person. What would happen to the person who had to die for his thirst to be quenched? Did he or she get to return to the normal world or did they actually die for real this time?

"Talk through the door," I told him. If he really wanted to talk, he could talk from outside.

"Fine," he grumbled. I could just imagine him adjusting his glasses as he spoke. I could hear him take a deep breath before he continued, "I saw Ethan."

I froze, shock filling me. No. That was impossible, I'd died trying to take him with me.

"W-what?"

"He appeared just this morning. Lily, he's been here a while, I can tell by the way he can't go into sunlight. He was hiding in the cave that every older vampire wakes up in. I don't know how I haven't seen him before." Marcel explained his voice full of distress.

"He's dead. He's dead," I repeated to myself though I knew Marcel wouldn't lie about something like this. Why would he? I shook my head- I'd only believe it when I saw him with my own eyes.

"What do you think he's doing here?" I asked through the door. Marcel paused and silence filled the air between us before he replied. My blood turned to ice as I listened to his reply.

"He's looking for you."

Harry's POV

I looked over at Helena as we strolled into the town. People pushed past one another in a some what rude fashion. I kept my eyes on Helena.

She looked no different from before. Her brown hair streamed down her shoulders and back, deep brown eyes wide and alert. Her lips were curled up slightly as they always were when she was thinking of something.

"Where are they," I asked, "Where are Gemma and Anne?"

"This way. Still as impatient as always I see," Helena replied. Her tone was light, a bit too light. Yes I knew she was happy to see me but something was off with her. I hadn't even made my decision yet and she was cheerful as if she thought that I was going to pick her. I had the urge to roll my eyes.

I blinked as we approuched a bakery. It was so familiar, so many memories. This bakery looked exactly like the one we used to run before all this happened, just the three of us. Before I met Helena, before Louis decided to take over the country.

The scent of freshly baked cookies greeted me as I pushed open the door. There was no one at the front as I looked around. The lights were bright and cheerful and soft music played in the background.

"Hello, how may I help you-?" I turned around to come face to face with Gemma. I watched as her eyes widened as her hand went up to cover her mouth. She took a step back in shock before shaking her head.

"This isn't real, you aren't here," She muttered to herself.

"Yeah?" I was infront of her in a second, my arms wrapping around her small body. Soon she hugged me back.

"Harry your here," she breathed, "Helena promised me that you'd be here someday but-" Helena had known that I was going to be trapped in here? I pulled away a frown on my face. How had she known, how was she so sure?

That didn't seem to bother Gemma as she practically hopped up and down in excitment.

"Mum! Muum!" She screamed, "Harry's here, he's here!"

I heard the sound of something dropping to the ground and the rush of footsteps. Before I could even say anything a body rushed out from the back wrapping me in a big hug.

Mum.

I hugged her tightly, not able to form words. I could hear her mutter 'Harry' under her breath repeatedly as her grip on me got stronger. I felt my eyes start to water as I kept her close to me.

After all these years, we were reunited. We were a family.

But of course, good things never last.

I saw my worst fear as I looked up over my mother shoulder. Through the window, a familiar face was visable.

Ethan.

Ok I'm so sorry that I've been off wattpad for a while but I couldn't find inspiration to continue this one so the chapter came out really short so I'm sorry! I had personal drama going on and to add on to that, the whole LiamvsTyler twitter fight! Anyway, hope you somewhat enjoyed it lol!:)