Chapter Four

"You have to send her back." Thor said.

Loki looked at Elizabeth. Elizabeth was smiling up at Loki and tugged on his armor. Loki turned to Thor and sighed.

"I'm not sure if I want to." Loki told Thor.

"Excuse me?" Thor asked.

"She was at SHIELD. Her mother's dying wish was for me to keep Elizabeth safe. I am by keeping her here. Who knows if her father was at SHIELD and killed." Loki explained.

"I don't know." Thor said.

"Come on, Thor." Loki begged.

"We will see what Odin thinks." Thor told Loki walking away.

Loki rolled his eyes and followed after Thor. Elizabeth giggled when she looked at the rainbow bridge. She climbed up a little on Loki and tugged at his hair. Loki took her hands and put them down. Elizabeth put her hands back and Loki sighed. When Thor entered the palace, Jane threw herself at him. Jane kissed and hugged him tightly.

"Oh thank God you're back. Let's get you two to the healing room." Jane told him.

Thor walked past her and Jane looked at Loki. Jane's eyes widened when she saw the baby in Loki's arms. Loki smiled at Jane and walked away. Jane followed after the two. Thor got his cuts bandaged  as Loki got his left foot stitched. Jane walked in and gave Loki a confused look.

"Why do you have a baby with you?" Jane asked.

"A woman gave her to me too keep safe. It was her dying wish." Loki replied.

Jane was speechless. She shook her head and sat next to Thor. Jane looked at the baby. Elizabeth looked at Jane and smiled. Jane couldn't help but smile back. She quickly shook her head and looked back at Loki.

"Do you even know the girl's name?" Jane asked.

"It's Elizabeth." Loki replied.

"You have to send her back." Jane told Loki.

"I cant." Loki said.

"What do you mean you cant?" Jane asked.

Loki was about to reply when Odin entered the room. He slammed the door shut and walked to the center of the room. Odin looked at Thor and Loki angrily. Loki looked away from Odin while Thor looked Odin in the eyes.

"Why did the king of Asgard leave Asgard to go to Midgard?" Odin asked angrily.

"I left because I had to help in a fight." Thor replied.

"What fight was so important that you had to stop everything and leave to Midgard?" Odin asked.

"My friends were being invaded and I had to help them." Thor replied.

"That does not give you the right to leave. You are king and have responsibilities to take care of." Odin told Thor.

Thor sighed and cracked his neck.

"Why did you bring Loki with you?" Odin asked.

"I brought him as back up and he helped us." Thor replied.

Odin glanced over at Loki and did a double take. Odin scoffed at Elizabeth and took a step closer to Loki. Loki tightened his grip on Elizabeth and looked up at Odin. Odin rolled his eyes and gave Loki a look.

"Why do you have a baby?" Odin asked.

"A woman was dying, gave her to me and Thor took us back." Loki replied.

"Well, she has a father. Go back and give the baby back." Odin told Loki.

"I don't know who her father is. Whose to say her parents are both dead?" Loki asked.

"I have to agree with Loki on that. If Loki found this woman on the top floor, her husband was surely on that floor. The top floor saw the worst of the fight. Even the other floors below were completely destroyed and ruined. The girl may not even have parents if Loki sends her back." Thor explained to Odin.

"Besides, her mother's dying wish was for me to keep her safe and that's what I am going to do." Loki told Odin.

"I don't know what we are going to do with her." Odin said.

"Her name is Elizabeth." Loki told Odin.

Odin scoffed and looked at Elizabeth. Loki let Elizabeth sit in his lap. She stared at Odin and laughed. Elizabeth keened back on Loki and clapped her hands as she looked up at Loki. Elizabeth put her arms up to Loki and kicked her feet. Loki chuckled and smiled at everyone.

"Well, it looks as though she found her father." Odin told Loki angrily.

Loki looked up at Odin and bit his lip. Odin paced back and forth.

"So, what shall we do about Elizabeth?" Thor asked.

"If what you say about this battle is true, I guess the girl can stay. But, I will have nothing to do with her. She is from Midgard and she shouldn't be here in the first place." Odin replied.

When Odin said that, Elizabeth squealed angrily and everyone looked at her. Thor and Loki snickered as Odin exhaled sharply.

"Anyway, Loki, if you are to take care of her, then you shall do it. I will have nothing to do with her." Odin told Loki leaving the room.

Odin slammed the door and Elizabeth began to cry.

"Not again." Loki groaned.

Loki tapped his foot and Elizabeth bounced a little bit. Elizabeth quickly stopped crying and began to giggle.

"It seems as though you've known how to deal with kids forever." Jane told Loki.

"Loki, if you were forced to send her back, could you do it?" Thor asked.

"I'm not sure. When I found her, she was crying but when she looked at me, she stopped and smiled. I just- I don't know." Loki replied.

"I think you should go see the maids for help with Elizabeth." Jane told Loki.

Loki looked at Elizabeth. She yawned and closed her eyes. Loki patted her back and looked at everyone. Once Loki's foot was finished being bandaged. Loki left the room. He walked to his chambers and sat on his bed. Loki didn't have a clue on what to do with Elizabeth. Loki placed her on his bed and she squirmed around. Loki got changed for bed and saw that Elizabeth was asleep on his bed. Loki tried to find a place for her to sleep. Loki found an empty box. He put a small blanket in the box and made her a pillow. Loki put the box on a table and went to get Elizabeth. He picked her up slowly and brought her over to the box. Elizabeth was asleep already as he laid her down in the box and tucked her in. Loki then got into his bed and went to sleep.